The Devil - who is it?

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I hadn't thought of PAC but I don't mind it being him at all. You could easily justify him thinking he missed out on being at Wembley, and sitting at home injured while the biggest show ever happens just down the road* would drive a bastard mad and make him a devil. How does he guarantee main eventing Wembley next year? Target the champion, take the title. 

There's no brilliant answer for the Devil identity, but I'm more happy with it being PAC than pretty much any other candidate.

*I know there's more than one road between Gateshead and Wembley

It probably won't be him, but I'd like to see PAC get a bigger push upon his return (and hope that he stays healthy). Him going after the title would be just dandy and I reckon him and MJF could have some decent matches (providing he's still the champion).

I was a bit worried about the vagueness of 'internal injuries', as that could be anything, but Khan did say PAC (and Jamie Hayter) will both be at Wembley next year after missing this year.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Has there even been a "mystery man" angle that's worked? I can’t think of one that wasn't an eventual disappointment but surely there must be at least one good one.

I can only think of angles that have been good up until the point of reveal. 

The Higher Power, 'who ran over Austin?', the anonymous GM (granted, this became crap long before the reveal - but it was a good idea when it started), Vince McMahon's illegitimate son (I did really enjoy the Finlay/JBL Wrestlemania match, though) and Aces and Eights. 

There's surely scope for an angle like this to work, but I think the danger is that the mystery is inevitably going to be more interesting than what comes post reveal. You really have to nail those next steps if something like this is ever going to fulfil its potential. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

As daft as it sounds my ideal scenario would be Britt Baker. She watched Cole come back from a devastating injury (caused by Switchblade, who was targeted first) and come very close to achieving his dream, only to have it snatched away by MJF. 

The main thing is that it’s a logical way to split up Adam Cole and MJF without undoing the excellent character work they’ve done. Cole turning reluctantly to protect his girlfriend from MJF is far better than if he was pretending all along. 

This has seemed the most likely reveal to me for a while. Britt on behalf of Adam Cole, whether with his knowledge/consent or not.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I'm not sure any other suggestions I've seen make sense. Swerve Strickland, for example, has already done some pretty despicable things and made it abundantly clear what his motivations for doing them are - so why would he bother disguising his identity and sneaking around in the shadows to do all of this stuff?

It's a good point. I guess one answer to that is if Swerve did all this shit and wasn't disguised, then he'd have Hangman, MJF, Cole, Acclaimed, Bullet Club Gold etc all gunning for him at the same time. While he's disguised he can do things on his time/playing the long game etc. 

The bigger issue with my suggestion of Swerve is why wouldnt they have targeted any of his Continental Classic opponents.

I don't think it will be him anyway. Britt Baker would genuinely get me interested. PAC is a good shout but I don't think Khan will ever give him a proper sustained push/main event story. 

Maybe it'll be Christopher Daniels to make up for him not being the Higher Power.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

I still think the plan all along has been for either Adam Cole or MJF to be revealed, turning on the other, and it’s been a way of stretching out their storyline once Cole got injured. The problem is that the longer it’s gone on the less I’ve cared about either outcome. I still hope they stick the landing, but with each passing week it feels like it’s gotten colder and colder. Whole thing feels like a shitty video game storyline at this point. I just want it to end.

The Don Callis Family could certainly do with the rub. Takeshita and Hobbs are both far too talented to have slowly fizzled out once Jericho got involved in their angle. They’re even worse off now Kenny is out indefinitely. Doing pointless squashes on Rampage, Hobbs isn’t much better off than he was mixing it up with the QTV losers. It also feels like a million years ago that Takeshita pulled his mask off at the end of Double or Nothing for the big heel turn. I want that momentum back!

However, let’s be real. If it’s not Cole or MJF, and they realise they need someone to save this from the annals of Wrestlecrap, there’s only one man capable of such a mammoth task.

IMG_7186.thumb.jpeg.8c78d918676362f55121315c9e177886.jpeg

IMG_7187.thumb.jpeg.127f99deb99d5cc5c819201cc525dadf.jpeg

IMG_7188.thumb.jpeg.c0d2f36840ed7d350db891ca4a16f7cc.jpeg

IMG_7185.webp.a8f506220df0e56aabb89846aeaae057.webp

Edited by Supremo

If he weren't dead, I'd say on this week's evidence the Devil was Bray Wyatt.  

The cod philosophy, the darkness, the weird sound effects on the Titantron.  The cult leader/followers dynamic.  Even the font is pure Bray Wyatt.

Good lord this is a terrible angle.

Edited by Loki

Taylor Rotunda (AKA Bo Dallas) has been posting lots of Bray type videos on youtube saying something big is coming soon...and it did make me think of that this week. However pretty sure he is still under WWE contract, and his vids are showing Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss...so very LONG shot...Looks more like a way for WWE to bring a Bray type act back.

Videos here for reference.

I'm 99% sure it's Vince McMahon.

How many times has JR referred to Vince as the devil or Satan?

Vince has a history for being a lame reveal to a mask mystery.

AEW has no problem signing old codgers who have sexually assaulted people.  

All of the signs point to Vince.