The Devil - who is it?

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

Having just seen last week's Dynamite and the emergence of the Devil from the car whilst Hangman is being attacked, I believe it fully rules out it being Adam Cole (too small), same with Jack Perry.

Me and the wife got talking about the stature and build of the Devil and we came up with some ideas, leftfield granted, 

Wardlow (but he's a bit of a 'lone wolf' so not sure who the goons would be)

Don Callis - fairly obvious who his crew would be, but not convinced their statures match up to the likes of Powerhouse Hobbs or Takeshita. 

Sammy Guavara - can't see it myself but the wife was insisting I posted it.

If the Acclaimed hadn't been attacked recently, I'd have said Billy Gunn, but that's been ruled out now. 

William Regal - doing a sort of 'Invasion' angle from WWE with some of the fired guys from NXT. Would be a good storyline for a return for him after how he left last time out. 

So, being realistic, who do the great and the good and the rest of UKFF believe it is?

• Paid Members

I think the only reason for dragging it out this long is that it is supposed to be Adam Cole. If it turns out not to be him, I'd imagine it's a case of doing a U-turn based on Cole's health status.

Jack Perry seems to get a lot of play as a possibility. Tony would be an absolute gobshite if Perry is the reveal under the hood - and I've been a bigger cheerleader for Jungle Boy than most. His heel turn was a mistake in both idea and execution though. The only way it could have been salvaged is if he immediately realigned himself with Christian. As a heel, Perry hasn't got the chops to carry this off after the reveal without it dying a death. 

Has to be Cole. Get to the reveal quick though. With four henchmen, he doesn't need to be healthy - use them as the roadblocks for MJF until you can get to the eventual showdown. 

Edited by WeeAl

The most likely answer is... they don't knew.  I think they HAD a plan, possibly Punk as something caused it to get messed up, they've carried on the story as they don't know what to pivot to, and now they've gone too long and don't know how to finish it in any way that's not disappointing.

It's like that Magician guy in WCW that turned out to be Flair in the end.

It is/definitely was meant to be Adam Cole, AEW are really clever at showing you things in plain sight that "you're not meant to notice" when telling stories, and there's been so many pointing to it being Cole.

I think they may possibly jave changed their mind, maybe his injury is worse than they thought, and that's why it's dragging out. Cole, Wardlow and The Kingdom makes sense being under the masks with everything that has happened last few months.

I imagine thr reveal will be at Worlds End so we only have a couple weeks to wait but it has to be Cole for me, otherwise its shit.