The Devil - who is it?

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

While I do think it was intended to be Cole as a way to prolong things after his unexpected injury. I think it might be MJF at this point. Just because all the other options are just as bad. He's also been back in the press saying he hasn't signed a new contract.

I might be missing something, but MJF has never been attacked on screen. BC Gold were the first attacked after confronting MJF. The Acclaimed were attacked after losing the tag match. Now Hangman has been attacked after confronting MJF. At the PPV the henchman fake attacking MJF, only to turn on Samoa Joe. The Devil gimmick was his way of seeing out the year as champion and he's leaving with the title to start the bidding war of 2024.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Having just seen last week's Dynamite and the emergence of the Devil from the car whilst Hangman is being attacked, I believe it fully rules out it being Adam Cole (too small), same with Jack Perry.

That doesn't mean anything. The Blue Blazer WAS Owen Hart in the end, but he'd have been "fully ruled out" by the same logic after this episode ;

tumblr_ojyn671n0x1qefn6co1_500.jpg

10 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Koko B. Ware.

He knows.

1 hour ago, Version1.0 said:

Shawn Spears?

Reforms The Pinnicle with Wardlow and FTR.

I would piss myself laughing if the devil unmasked as Shawn Spears. 

Granted, I've not been watching - but it seems to me that if it isn't Adam Cole, the only logical option is MJF himself. And frankly, MJF is probably the better option. Without Adam Cole around to give him guidance, he's slipped back into his old ways; and it would give Roddy Strong something to boast about too - he knew all along. Heck, they could even have Strong be one of the masked assailants and still boast about knowing the devil was MJF all along, as if he was some top detective. 

If it's neither of them, Will Ospreay is the only option I can think of that would have some level of impact. 

Haven't been watching closely but my money is on PAC. 

He's out injured at the minute (with some unspecified 'internal injuries') and this could be a way to bring him back in a big way. 

Also, not too much of a stretch to go from being a self-proclaimed bastard to thinking he's the devil himself. 

It'll actually turn out to be Savio Vega, of course.

• Paid Members

I don't want it to be MJF, I hate swerves like that.

It's got to be Adam Cole, really. If not then maybe Swerve Strickland (Hangman did say Swerve would never reach his goal of winning gold while Hangman was around - then Hangman got attacked the week after). But just have it be Cole and reveal it soon please.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

I might be missing something, but MJF has never been attacked on screen.

15 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Granted, I've not been watching - but it seems to me that if it isn't Adam Cole, the only logical option is MJF himself.

It would make a lot of sense to me if they'd decided MJF was the best heel they have and should act accordingly. I know everyone wanted him to win the belt in that smarky "you deserve it!1!" way but let's face it, stories and characters are always the way, and I much prefer him as a dickhead than a hero.

8 hours ago, The Reverend said:

It was definitely Shawn Michaels' chin.

Or was it actually Sable's fanny?

• Paid Members

Adam Cole or MJF are the likeliest options and make the most sense but also I'm not really interested in either of them being heels again. Both are considerably better babyfaces at this moment in time. I think Swerve Strickland would be a good option and be the instigating angle that gets him in the main event and leads to him getting the title. As a dastardly heel it would be pretty easy to explain the whole thing being Swerve's master plan. Additionally I think there is enough goodwill towards Swerve from the fans that they would accept him as The Devil.