Summerslam: Down Since Day One Ish

d-d-d-dAz

10 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Not necessarily if he does it to the point then he will get there for the main event and in time just 

Yeah I don't not how long these events go for but they both start 8pm EST so it'll be a close one. If Logan wants to get out for 8:30 going on first 

This has some real intrigue going in Summerslam haha

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Facing Raquel Rodriguez

That match hasn't been confirmed as being on the show and doesn't look like it will be unless it gets added via social media

It's odd that they did the injury angle 2 weeks ago to Raquel and then Liv last week and Raquel made the triumphant return this week which I assumed was where she would lay down the challenge for Summerslam but instead they had Rhea re-injure Raquel and have her not cleared to compete leaving Adam Pearce just saying she has a shot when cleared.

So either she is legit injured and isn't cleared, or they are just holding off the match for some reason 

Similar to Becky and Trish where its seemed for months to be leading to the Summerslam rematch only for it to be announced as being in 2 weeks time on a random Raw.

Does seem strange both have been bumped from the card yet a Pointless Battle Royal has been added to the card whilst its been done to presumably to get LA Knight his moment on the show but still seems a waste putting it on over 2 potential matches that have had a month and even months of build to them.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Just from what they're doing on TV. He's been calling out Rocky, doing his moves.

Working the angle by himself? Probably end up wrestling Bobby Duncum Jr at the PPV.

Grayson Waller is in the Slim Jim Battle Royal, leading me to believe The Rock stuff isn't happening. So either- Grayson's been teasing it heavily just to create some buzz around himself, or tentative plans were made with Rock in mind but they fell through.

Annoyed that Trish vs. Becky got bumped from Summerslam for this battle royal, but apparently it's a very lucrative sponsorship deal with Slim Jim, so they can't just shove it on the pre-show. Some big-ish names in the thing so far, with AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and The Miz all in it. I know they're not the names they once were but still. Hopefully, a spotlight moment for LA Knight so people on Twitter stop crying that he's buried (at least for a day or two).

It's a shame Rhea Ripley from what I have heard isn't on this card. Looking forward to basically every match on this card, hopefully turns out to be a lot of fun. I'd expect Reigns to retain, maybe because Jimmy Uso returns and accidentally whacks his brother with a weapon.

In servitude to the Judgement Day I'm just sticking this in the main WWE thread for the weekend since it's basically a summer best-of anyway.

Honestly, I just love the rest of them going full Irish-protective-mammies over Dom whilst simultaneously trying not to corpse. My favourite trope this year. It's such a joy to see such a varied, deserving group of people take off organically with a gimmick that seemed doomed to fail. 

They have been teasing the rock being there tonight for so long and in so many subtle ways (this week smackdown jay doing the rocks punches to solo) it will be more disappointing than survivor series if he doesn't turn up.

However I really am looking forward to this one there are a good amount of matches that I'm interested in and then the main event I now care about more than I ever thought possible.

Bring it on 

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

They have been teasing the rock being there tonight for so long and in so many subtle ways (this week smackdown jay doing the rocks punches to solo) it will be more disappointing than survivor series if he doesn't turn up.

Perhaps for you, but not for anyone else. Outside of a post earlier in this thread there’s been zero visible speculation; and I honestly think you’ve been reading into things that weren’t there, or intended to be there in the first place.