Summerslam: Down Since Day One Ish

d-d-d-dAz

Paul Heyman is aiming shots at the dead and barely living, which must mean it’s SummerSlam SZN.

WWE is on fire right now, yet to my uneducated eyes it really only feels like they’ve got 2 (3 if you’re being generous to S F’n R) things going on of merit. It’s just that those two things are very, very good. And one is all time level.

Roman/Jey is probably the main event. This is the first Roman defence in a while where it feels like he’s definitely going to retain, and that that’s probably the right decision. So, knowing this company, they’ll have Jey win.

An all timer story, they’ve been killing it for years now but it doesn’t feel like Jey is of a level to be the guy, and it doesn’t feel like this is a meaty enough diversion to take them away from the path to (presumably) the Cody rematch.

Speaking of Cody, he’s facing Brock again. He’s also just had a big documentary released about him and is starting to appear in more and more WWE content. You have to expect he gets the win here, and they start to gear back up for another title shot in the next 9 months.

This is incredible…

Anything else anyones looking forward to?

Gunther/Drew should be a fun scrap, but feels like the feud has gone a bit anonymous.

Damian Priest could well walk out Raw champion.

It should be a fun show…

Really really excited for this one.

Roman Vs jay USO should be amazing but I'm not convinced they will go with jay winning again.

Logan Paul Vs ricochet will be a spot fest

Walter Vs drew

Cody Vs Brock will be fine

Apparently they have scrapped the tag belts which is fucking scandalous 

What WWE have managed to do is at least stabilise the product so their shows are made up of more good stuff than bad. And the PPVs usually deliver too.

And its nice to have crowds that are engaged too. That really helps.

Should be a good show for sure. I'd bet my house on Jey not winning but.. what if? It's gotta end eventually for Roman right? And if it wasn't Sami..

Yeah yeah it'll be Cody blah blah but DOWN SINCE DAY ONE ISH DAMNIT

49 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

With this even in mind. If they go on first and he flies straight down even on a private jet its a 3 hour flight. He'll be pushing it either way

Not necessarily if he does it to the point then he will get there for the main event and in time just 

26 minutes ago, Loki said:

Any women's match on the card or has the division gone all AEW?

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Bianca Belair for the WWE Women's Championship

Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler in an MMA Rules match

7 hours ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

With this even in mind. If they go on first and he flies straight down even on a private jet its a 3 hour flight. He'll be pushing it either way

I wonder if WWE will make every effort to get him there so he can boast about winning through another outlet. I assume he's get a quick interview or two at the event. 

If Finn Balor wins the WHC belt, and I think he should, I hope they don't go with the cash in and potential throwing out of Finn from the Judgment Day turn ala Edge on the night.  They need to run with the dynamic of tension in JD for a couple of months. 

I sort of wish they went with Bianca vs Charlotte in a one on one match. 

Surely LA Knight gets his moment at the battle royal? 

The Cody vs Brock feud has been terrible, barely a feud. But reckon they will have a banger. 

Edited by OzExile

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, DJM said:

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Bianca Belair for the WWE Women's Championship

Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler in an MMA Rules match

Rhea not got a feud? She's a curious scrub for the second biggest show of the year.