AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

I didn't have to go very far to understand the point of Danielson v. Akiyama thanks to @JLM recapping.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:50 PM, JLM said:

Absolutely LOVED Danielson interrupting Eddie's celebrations and completely blanking him. What a total dickhead. Continuing to put Eddie's new unflappable demanour to the test. Nobody better than Eddie Kingston in full 90s puroresu tape trader nerd out mode to hype up Nagata on commentary, supplemented by Kevin Kelly to drop the more detailed trivia and history. Fantastic stuff from both of them throughout this match.

Nagata/Danielson was a belter and the crowd were bloody brilliant throughout. Was very much worked in Nagata's style with the sound techinical/limb work building up to the fighting spirit/war of attrition closing stretch. Danielson realising that it was either a stalemate or a potential loss if he kept up the leg vs arm war and switching up at the end was excellent. Danielson showing Nagata almost too much respect after the match to spite Eddie was perfect, as was the parting middle finger. He knows he needs to get into Eddie's head again if he's going to avenge that loss and is doing everything he can to achieve it. No matter how much Eddie protests and tries to laugh it off, it is working.

On 2/6/2024 at 3:18 AM, JLM said:

Good scrap between Kingston and Keith to start, though perhaps a bit longer than it needed to be. I love Kingston not biting on Keith's early attempts to wind him up at all. Avoiding the jawbreaker sleeper escapes from Keith was also a great example of how focused and on top of his game he is at the moment.

Also, what a nerrrrrrd. Living his dream right now, bless him. 😍

Danielson interrupting the moment by coming out early and blanking Eddie AGAIN was tremendous. Off the charts passive aggressive shithousery and *exactly* how to piss off Eddie Kingston.

58 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm assuming and hoping that Kingston will likely be on commentary losing his shit for the match.

He will but unless Kingston explicitly explains the history constantly on commentary I won't understand why there is a Japanese bloke there to figure out the story.

46 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm hoping Danielson has a super respectful match against Akiyama, and shakes his hand afterwards. Obviously while ghosting Kingston in the process. 

He'll be foaming at the mouth. 

Let's hope so or FTR will be fuming

15 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

So this is happening on Saturday. Yes fucking please. The "wHeReS ThE sToRy" pervs on social media are saying the same old shit but this is actually some pretty genius have your cake and eat it too booking. On the surface it looks like the typical dream match booking AEW does...except Jun Akiyama is Eddie Kingston's hero, so Danielson is no doubt going to do some absolutely despicable shit here to send Kingston into a meltdown ahead of their big PPV rematch. It's gonna' be great!

Was there no Collision this past Saturday?!

• Paid Members
On 2/16/2024 at 9:27 PM, JLM said:

Collision 10/02/24

Aminata hasn't had a bad performance on this run yet. I also learned that she speaks six languages and played football growing up. Kevin Kelly still isn't my favourite announcer but I do appreciate his research. 

Not sure if this has been posted before but I found this on AEW's youtube, a lot more of her backstory here:

• Paid Members

I’ve only seen the first half of this show but it featured the extreme ends of the AEW spectrum. That opener was far better than it had any right to be. Fantastic stuff. Better than anything on the WWE pay per view.

They’re not lying when they say they’re going back to 2021; Tony Khan is fully back to spamming the no-DQ plunder matches on free TV, and whilst the traditionalist viewpoint might be that they lose their novelty when you overdo them, so he should calm it down, who the fuck cares when they’re this fun? Keep them coming, Tone! Hobbs looked amazing and this might be the key to saving Sammy’s whole career. Get him away from the Vortex and have him competing exclusively in wild matches like this going forward. Maybe introduce a Hardcore Title to facilitate it. This was brilliant!

By contrast, I can’t remember the last time someone shat the bed as badly as Max Caster did with his rap. The first line being a rubbish insider dig that got zero reaction, followed by him completely freezing and giving up midway through! Good grief! I nearly turned inside out with embarrassment! Fucking hell. Awful! Maybe it’s time to pack the whole act in. There’s no recovering from that. On the level of Matt Riddle forgetting his lines in that backstage promo with Asuka. Game over.

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator

The fact nobody on commentary mentioned anything and everyone sort of carried on as if he’d done the rap as normal doesn’t make me think ‘work’. I felt the embarrassment too.

I am disappointed in Meat Madness. It’s just a triple threat with Hobbs, Wardlow and Archer? Where’s Big Bill? Where’s Keith Lee? Toa Liona, even? Where’s the madness? WHERE’S THE MEAT???

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

By contrast, I can’t remember the last time someone shat the bed as badly as Max Caster did with his rap. The first line being a rubbish insider dig that got zero reaction, followed by him completely freezing and giving up midway through! Good grief! I nearly turned inside out with embarrassment! Fucking hell. Awful! Maybe it’s time to pack the whole act in.

We all have off days, it’s just unfortunate he had his on live television. He’s had more than enough stand-out performances on the mic for me to disagree with most of this assessment. I do, however, think it’s time to split up The Acclaimed, and their new stable , which is nothing more than a waste of everyone involved.

White could - and arguably should - be a top level heel for the company. Bowens has singles potential, as does Caster. The Gunns are arguably the most entertaining tag team in the company. I assumed this was all leading up to the trios titles being unified, but now I’m not so sure. 

Edited by RedRooster