AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Spectacular shithousery in the main event. Not sure if I’ve ever mentioned it before, but Bryan Danielson is quite good at this pro-wrestling stuff.

First Malakai Black singles match in years was bit underwhelming, wasn’t it? You wonder if they just did it so everyone will shut up about it. Drop it now, lads. Let this shit goth play out his contract in six man tags and crappy spooky angles. The sooner her fucks off to WWE the better. Julia Hart and Brodie King would be better without him. They’ve been the stars of the act for ages now.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

First Malakai Black singles match in years was bit underwhelming, wasn’t it? You wonder if they just did it so everyone will shut up about it. Drop it now, lads. Let this shit goth play out his contract in six man tags and crappy spooky angles. The sooner her fucks off to WWE the better. Julia Hart and Brodie King would be better without him. They’ve been the stars of the act for ages now.

100%

Brodie King is a star.

At Wembley he absolutely pissed physical charisma close up. He's big, intimidating and looks like he'd tear your head off. He should get a proper run.

Black has a really underwhelming vibe about him. He's like the 'kooky' lad they'd put on last on Take Me Out, make him play air guitar to AC/DC on his way down the lift and eventually one of the girls who'd not been picked all season would take a punt on him because she fancies herself a bit of a 'rock chick'.

He's just very... normal, I guess, but with spooky eyes.

• Paid Members

Another good show, loving AEW at the moment.

- Sammy/Hobbs was a fun plunder match. I'm not a Sammy fan at all, he's been far overpushed past his talent level but the ONE thing he is good at is these mid-card hardcore matches. He's rubbish at everything else. Hobbs looked great here. Some people are no doubt complaining that AEW is doing too many no dq matches at the moment which is the most boring complaint I can imagine anyone making when the matches are as fun as this.

- Mox and Claudio cut probably the worst promos of their careers. Fucking thing went on forever.

- Speaking of promos, Dax talks 90% bollocks in every promo he does but he delivers with enough conviction and passion that I always enjoy them. Good job hyping the BCC/FTR rematch.

- Shane Taylor is fat and throws a great punch which makes him a top level guy in my book. I like STP - they should add a third guy and be a trios act I reckon. Add a highflyer then STP can stand for Speed, Technical, Power covering all three guys (you can have that one for free, TK).

- Bang Bang Scissor Gang needs to get where it's going quickly as it's a waste of Bullet Club Gold and painful to watch. BCG unite the trios titles and having a run as champs would be the ideal ending. The Acclaimed probably need to split up and move on to something else - no idea what that could be. I can't stand the Iron Savages either.

- Malakai Black has tremendous presence, look and offence. This makes him perfect for the leader role of a trios. But he's never been up to much as a singles wrestler and his uniqueness and positives have always covered for the fact that he's never had a memorably good singles match ever. Him slogging his way through a flat, dull singles match with the worlds smallest wrestler Bryan Keith was not enjoyable to watch at all. I liked Mark Briscoe's attack at the end but it felt like it ended quite awkwardly and abruptly - the House of Black needed to escalate the violence if anything.

- Cracking main event with top level Bryan Danielson shithousery at the end. What's left to say about this story? It's been an absolutely beautiful piece of work spread out naturally over 3 months. 

- Opening the show on a nutty hardcore match and finishing on a traditional old school pro wrasslin' bout with two legends is exactly why AEW is the best thing to happen to wrestling.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Brodie King is a star.

At Wembley he absolutely pissed physical charisma close up. He's big, intimidating and looks like he'd tear your head off. He should get a proper run.

Brody King is a weird one for me. At first glance he's imposing but despite the size, the tattoos and the massive beard, he's got these big puppy dog eyes which just make him look like a gentle giant. I don't buy into him as a physical force the way I should.

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Brody King is a weird one for me. At first glance he's imposing but despite the size, the tattoos and the massive beard, he's got these big puppy dog eyes which just make him look like a gentle giant. I don't buy into him as a physical force the way I should.

That aspect of him really works for me when he accompanies Julia Hart to the ring for her matches. He cares for her and looks after her, so he’s nice, but any bloke tries to hurt her and he’ll destroy them.

Disband the HOB and keep Brody and Julia as a duo, is what I think I’m saying.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Completely pointless nothing show this week, but this bit is a ton of fun and worth a watch. Mark Briscoe is the best.

No love for Lovestrick Nigel McGuiness or The lovely last showdown between Deonna and Toni Storm?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Worth it just to watch Hangman having a completely normal one. He’s lost it.

Revolution tonight, lads! Cannot wait! Most excited I’ve been for a pay per view in years. Watching it live. Getting the snacks in. Cherry Pepsi Max. Let’s go!

6511E5B3-EA7F-4359-81CE-32F32F3AE86A.thumb.jpeg.e8c1f43e14f2f5174bbb709b72abf7fd.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

Yeah Briscoe, Hangman and the Storm/Purrazzo stuff was the highlight of an otherwise quiet Colliders. I really hope they have the same zealous trust in Purrazzo as a long term project as I do because to me she's an absolute star in a way the crowd reactions aren't quite telling all the way at the moment. In terms of stature and attitude she could/should be their new Britt Baker, only one who is far better in the ring. 

Tell you what though, that Bounty Hunter fella leaves me cold. It's been awhile since a gimmick actually made me feel a bit embarrassed for the person portraying it. I got it in 2003 when Spanky became Smackdown's jobber-in-chief but that was sort of part of the deal and I mostly had that reaction because I was 12, started reading Powerslam, and thought he should have been pushed to main event by WrestleMania XX. 

He's just goofy as all hell. It's like a bloke playing dress up at a kid's birthday, but I don't think the gimmick's meant to be in on that aspect of it? Some of the reactions have been pin drop silent too even by Saturday night standards. 

Yeah, a very nothing Collision. What's the deal with Jericho called Wardlow "Mike"? And also what is the deal with all the talk about strapping rockets and card positioning? I really dislike that sort of stuff.