AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I really like Ricobani,  but not enough to learn how to spell his name correctly. 

Yeah Ian Riccaboni (?) has a bloody lovely commentary voice. He was well received (Williams gif) during his Collision sub run whilst Kevin Kelly was possibly announcing Wrestle Kingdom.

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Just comes across as a genuinely enthusiastic announcer, not soured by years of working with people he obviously can't stand or going through the motions to collect a pay cheque. 

I think Kevin Kelly being a Qanon loopytube doesn't help him*

*I'm aware worse people are employed to some degree but this is Collision Kelly chat.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I hated him at first, but Kevin Kelly had really settled into his role in the past few months and the Kelly-Nigel-Tone team was often a highlight of Collision. I'll be sad if he's gone. 

Yep, at the start of Collision I couldn't have imagined a world where I'd be defending Kevin Kelly, but that trio has really found its groove lately and I would be a bit sad if it's broken up. 

• Paid Members

He's just about alright as an announcer if you grade on a curve in the current landscape, where almost everyone is shite, but the man is an absolute pipe. I won't shed a tear. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Kevin Kelly only felt improved because they replaced him on lead with Schiavone. Once Big Tone and Nigel started gelling, Kelly was just sort of there to fill in the gaps. I won’t miss him at all.

At worst, they’ll keep it as a two man booth and Tony and Nigel can continue being great together. At best, they’ll insist on it being a three-man team and we’ll see the return of the Ricca-bone-zone.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

As much as Kelly has settled into the role in my opinion (and was particularly good in the recent Akiyama and Nagata appearances) I would without question take a trip to the Riccabone Zone over him, no argument there.

• Paid Members

Never liked Kevin Kelly. He grated on me back in his WWF days and was only good as the butt of The Rock's jokes. A complete dweeb that never had the on-air presence and/or commentary ability of any of his peers in any major company he's worked for.

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Kevin Kelly only felt improved because they replaced him on lead with Schiavone. Once Big Tone and Nigel started gelling, Kelly was just sort of there to fill in the gaps. I won’t miss him at all.

At worst, they’ll keep it as a two man booth and Tony and Nigel can continue being great together. At best, they’ll insist on it being a three-man team we’ll see the return of the Ricca-bone-zone.

Can see it being Nigel and Tony with JR out for the main events again. Ross just signed the extension and back to making appearances.

Kelly was just absolute garbage when he was lead PBP on Collision. It was like he'd never watched the product and didn't care to learn anything prior to Collision starting. Once Tony S became lead PBP, I could tolerate Kelly a lot more, but I won't miss him - especially given his wackadoo QAnon shite. Get Daddy Magic doing commentary more frequently, alongside Tony and Nigel.