AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I genuinely don't hear anyone talking about watching wrestling ever.

Its a weird time. Wrestling can fill out big arenas and stadiums, yet the visibility of the current stars of the day has never been lower.

Joe public won’t have a clue who Roman Reigns is, or anyone else for that matter. In the 90’s you couldn’t move for WWF wrestler appearances on TV shows.

I’d go as far as saying that more people will have heard of Sting (not the Police one!), than anyone at the top of the WWE card with the exception of Cena.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Statto said:

This is inviting Sniff jokes, I know, but... he does know this is real life, right? The money is real, the risks are real, all the people in the ever-growing cast of 1000s will want paying?

Sometimes I think people forget how absolutely fucking insanely rich the Khan family is. They are literally in the top level of richest people in the world. Vince McMahon is pretty much a pauper in comparison. Even if this flops they'll be completely fine.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Sometimes I think people forget how absolutely fucking insanely rich the Khan family is. They are literally in the top level of richest people in the world. Vince McMahon is pretty much a pauper in comparison. Even if this flops they'll be completely fine.

Rich people really don't like losing a shit ton of money. Even Aldi Bond villain Elon Musk had a bit of a cry when he lost all that money.

Fair play to Tony though, god loves a trier. I just hope this doesn't end up getting "Wrestlemania Sevened" 

Oh, I am 100% getting a ticket for this. I'm glad they're running the stadium as I reckon if they'd run Wembley Arena, or even Craven Cottage, getting a ticket would have been a lottery. I don't know that they'll sell the stadium out, but I reckon they'll get 60-70k at least.

15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Doesn’t even need to be the personal wealth, aew are doing very well financially by all accounts and on track to do better at next renewals. Wembley isn’t the make or break for the company I’m seeing some make it out to be 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

This bodes well for Drew coming in. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a World Title shot. Tyson Fury banned from the building. No karaoke allowed.

I can see Drew getting the bag from Vince now, wasn't he one of his boys? Imagine though, Drew could potentially main event the first UK show in donkeys for both major companies within a year of each other. Thats crazy to think about. 

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

This bodes well for Drew coming in. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a World Title shot. Tyson Fury banned from the building. No karaoke allowed.

I’m nearing the conclusion they wouldn’t have booked it without some confidence he was.

Having worked for companies trying to sell out Wembley… it’s really hard. No matter how many times you’ve been on ITV4. It’s really, really quite hard.

People thinking this will sell out are deluded imo but I admire the ambition. Fair play to him.

I’m already booked to come down to London for MITB so trying to clear coming down again so soon afterwards won’t go down well! Sure it will be a great show though.

Weekend booked off work for me and the Missus! Expecting fan events on the Saturday and then an all day party on the Sunday. Tbh we have been waiting for this for about 2.5 years and I stated this morning that we will be sitting near the front!

I think I might revolve the rest of the year around this weekend.