AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
On 11/27/2023 at 1:04 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

I actually think he could. And I didn't before, but I think with D Bryan on his last full time year, Ospreay joining in Feb and being "at home", better TV with ITV (who have been doing better recently with the extra PPV's and repeats on ITV1 and a decent build, I think there is a chance they will do as well, if not more. The prices may have to change a bit though.

Isn’t the set much bigger this time, meaning they can’t get more in?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Isn’t the set much bigger this time, meaning they can’t get more in?

it would appear so. But I think last year it was set up for 90k and got between 70k and 81k in, so I think they could get close (I think there is more on pitch this time, could be wrong), but it certainly won't do more. But I thought regardless of set up they would probably do 50-60k this year at best because the novelty of wrestling being at Wembley Stadium wouldn't be there and AEW certainly doesn't have the same audiences or brand recognition of WWE. Be interesting to see what early ticket sales are like. I think they did over 30k in the pre sale before.

The prices this year are, as mentioned before, vastly different. For us to get the exact same seats as before, albeit no longer behind the stage due to it moving, would cost £50+ more this time.

There are a lot of seats up for £30 or so that seem pretty decent - anyone know if they're listed as 'restricted view'? I've only got one code for the presale and I don't want to waste it - the email seems very keen to stress it is a single use.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Watched the first few hours of this tonight which is the first time I’ve seen it on tv

Joe vs Punk…. Omega/Page/Ibushi vs Takeshita/White/Juice…. FTR vs Young Bucks…. Stadium Stampede 

What a run of matches to start a show that is! 

I think Stadium Stampede is a MOTY candidate for me. It’s incredibly violent and chaotic, and the groans from the Wembley crowd take it to another level! Also fair play to Trent Baretta, he takes an absolute beating in this match. So many moments will stay in my mind - Mox looking awesome walking out, Eddie running to the ring, Penta somehow doing a Canadian Stampede off a broken ladder, Sue’s cakes, the skewers sticking out of Mox’s head, Cassidy putting his hand in broken glass, the fork, Eddie’s middle finger at the end.

I don’t want to see a match like that on every show but now and then it’s great, and I feel so lucky to have seen it live 

I’ll watch the rest of the show another time, looking forward to seeing Sting and the main event again 

I think the main event this year will be Adam cole v will osprey for the title unless there are injuries. All in was my first wrestling show and it was amazing. I'm gonna go to revpro in February where osprey will be wrestling his final match for the company. They have sneakily put the prices up ha ha. Its in a 16000 seater venue. I doubt they will feel it but hopefully it will be a good crowd 

1 hour ago, no user name said:

I think the main event this year will be Adam cole v will osprey for the title unless there are injuries. All in was my first wrestling show and it was amazing. I'm gonna go to revpro in February where osprey will be wrestling his final match for the company. They have sneakily put the prices up ha ha. Its in a 16000 seater venue. I doubt they will feel it but hopefully it will be a good crowd 

The venue holds about 3 thousand I think. I think some parts aren't up for sale  such as upper tier corners and the entrance way side uppers. so sections for sale will be fairly full. They generally put higher prices at Crystal palace compared to York Hall, but you can still get tickets for under £30.

21 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

The venue holds about 3 thousand I think. I think some parts aren't up for sale  such as upper tier corners and the entrance way side uppers. so sections for sale will be fairly full. They generally put higher prices at Crystal palace compared to York Hall, but you can still get tickets for under £30.

Ow right. Wikipedia said it was 16000 but I'm guessing that could be the whole building with the other arena seats as well. My ticket was £55 but its a good seat 

6 minutes ago, no user name said:

Ow right. Wikipedia said it was 16000 but I'm guessing that could be the whole building with the other arena seats as well. My ticket was £55 but its a good seat 

The outdoor stadium is 16000, the indoor part is 3000. It is all teh same complex and what not just different parts. It's where RoH held quite a few shows I think, New Japan did Royal Quest 2 as well.