CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

31 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Just want you to know (no idea if it's happening for anyone else) but every tweet you link doesn't embed at all and it's very, very annoying :)

If you change the address from x.com to twitter.com when you link it it embeds like above.

Or maybe it's just happening for me.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Yeah it's every X link that's been posted on here for weeks, including some of yours Bacon. The only way around it on mobile for me is to hold the link and open in a new tab or the post vanishes and says failed to load or some bollocks.

• Paid Members

It seems to have flown under the radar but Meltzer said that Cabana’s fall out with Punk - which caused all of this - happened after Cabana had pizza with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens and Punk had expected him to cut ties with anyone WWE-related.

Punk really is a proper weirdo eh? I can’t imagine being THAT controlling.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

It seems to have flown under the radar but Meltzer said that Cabana’s fall out with Punk - which caused all of this - happened after Cabana had pizza with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens and Punk had expected him to cut ties with anyone WWE-related.

Punk really is a proper weirdo eh? I can’t imagine being THAT controlling.

If it's true, it's exactly what I said earlier - his relationships are all transactional. These huge financial gestures - promising to pay Colt's legal fees, buying Joey Mercury's house - all carry with them the assumption that he's buying your loyalty. 

17 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Speaking of AJ, she's pretty much been radio silent throughout this entire ordeal, hasn't she? I don't blame her. I'm tempted to pick up her book too as I've heard great things about it.

Yeah I haven't read it but have heard very good things. She has actually carved out a great career for herself outside of wrestling, one I think Punk is probably secretly jealous of. 

I guess she is keeping quiet because there isn't really a lot she can say and still come off dignified. Sometimes it's better to say nothing and I guess this is one of those situations.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I guess she is keeping quiet because there isn't really a lot she can say and still come off dignified. Sometimes it's better to say nothing and I guess this is one of those situations.

Funny because....

29 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Speaking of AJ, she's pretty much been radio silent throughout this entire ordeal, hasn't she? I don't blame her. I'm tempted to pick up her book too as I've heard great things about it.

.... I read this post too quickly as AJ picking up a book, and it immediately put me in mind of Punk chaotically pacing around their living room complaining about who said what as she just sits there on the sofa in a cardigan and a pair of reading glasses, eyes never leaving the book she's reading, just occasionally going "Mmm" to agree with whatever Punk's ranting about, without having to listen to him.

Edited by air_raid

4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

.. I read this post too quickly as AJ picking up a book, and it immediately put me in mind of Punk chaotically pacing around their living room complaining about who said what as she just sits there on the sofa in a cardigan and a pair of reading glasses, eyes never leaving the book she's reading, just occasionally going "Mmm" to agree with whatever Punk's ranting about, without having to listen to him.

You're fantasy booking AJ and Punk in their front room.

Is everything OK? Do you need a lie down? 

I'm fairly sure Punk was asked about her coming to AEW with him and him saying he wouldn't want that because he liked her "chunky." Which was probably innocuous. 

I imagine Punk is the type to bring his work, or at least his frustrations about it, home. It's probably bad enough hearing him go on about it, let alone then talking about it with other people.