RedRooster Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 My opinion on the whole thing has changed somewhat, and I've seen a lot of takes online from prominent wrestling figures that I really disagree with; although some of them are almost certainly grifts. When it comes to The Bucks/Omega not having any sort of sit-down with Punk, I think the criticism of that is totally unwarranted. Apply the situation to any other workplace - two colleagues assault you (one of which actually bites you) and there are expectations that you should sit down with them and hash it out? The fact that they stormed into Punk's locker room is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't excuse what Punk did. The EVP title is also irrelevant, as it's quite clear that it's just a ceremonial thing at this point (that possibly entitles them to various health benefits). I don't think Tony Khan should be criticised for not forcing them into a room together, it's probably good man management. Why should anyone be forced to work with - or speak to - someone with a history of violent outbursts? Khan has definitely made some mistakes along the way, and I think his booking sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, but in this situation I don't think he's at fault. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted September 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2023 Maybe now is the time for Punk to 'Control His Narrative'. He really could do with a rant room and maybe then all the issues would be solved. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2023 56 minutes ago, RedRooster said: My opinion on the whole thing has changed somewhat, and I've seen a lot of takes online from prominent wrestling figures that I really disagree with; although some of them are almost certainly grifts. When it comes to The Bucks/Omega not having any sort of sit-down with Punk, I think the criticism of that is totally unwarranted. Apply the situation to any other workplace - two colleagues assault you (one of which actually bites you) and there are expectations that you should sit down with them and hash it out? The fact that they stormed into Punk's locker room is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't excuse what Punk did. The EVP title is also irrelevant, as it's quite clear that it's just a ceremonial thing at this point (that possibly entitles them to various health benefits). I don't think Tony Khan should be criticised for not forcing them into a room together, it's probably good man management. Why should anyone be forced to work with - or speak to - someone with a history of violent outbursts? Khan has definitely made some mistakes along the way, and I think his booking sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, but in this situation I don't think he's at fault. There's also been talk that the story was bollocks from Punk's camp in the first place, and that there was never any effort from Tony Khan or The Elite's side to arrange a meeting, let alone to subsequently cancel it. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 1 hour ago, RedRooster said: The EVP title is also irrelevant I disagree, because… 1 hour ago, RedRooster said: Apply the situation to any other workplace That seems to be what’s happening here. Instead of the old “We sort this out like men” bollocks that used to go on, this IS (correctly in my opinion) being treated like a workplace incident with a corporate structure in place. The problem is that very structure though, it’s what @Butch2000 called a Caste system. We have a dispute between someone high up the pecking order and others higher up that pecking order who are favoured and have the EVP title as a reward. It’s like a team leader in a dispute with two line managers who are related to the boss. And of course, making that workplace dispute public and slagging off the boss and his mates is gross misconduct and will be dealt with as such. But Performative Phil gonna be performative. This is the bloke who recently wore a T shirt in support of striking workers, then produced a T shirt with all money going to union busting scab cunts with a history of bullying and toxicity after all. He’s always the victim. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2023 1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said: And of course, making that workplace dispute public and slagging off the boss and his mates is gross misconduct and will be dealt with as such. But Performative Phil gonna be performative. This is the bloke who recently wore a T shirt in support of striking workers, then produced a T shirt with all money going to union busting scab cunts with a history of bullying and toxicity after all. He’s always the victim. I didn't know about this. Any chance of a link? I tried Googling, but no joy. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 1 minute ago, Carbomb said: I didn't know about this. Any chance of a link? I tried Googling, but no joy. https://cwa-union.org/news/releases/trevor-project-workers-speak-out-against-anti-union-attacks-and-blatant-mistreatment Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 (edited) 1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said: I disagree, because… That seems to be what’s happening here. Instead of the old “We sort this out like men” bollocks that used to go on, this IS (correctly in my opinion) being treated like a workplace incident with a corporate structure in place. The problem is that very structure though, it’s what @Butch2000 called a Caste system. We have a dispute between someone high up the pecking order and others higher up that pecking order who are favoured and have the EVP title as a reward. It’s like a team leader in a dispute with two line managers who are related to the boss. And of course, making that workplace dispute public and slagging off the boss and his mates is gross misconduct and will be dealt with as such. But Performative Phil gonna be performative. This is the bloke who recently wore a T shirt in support of striking workers, then produced a T shirt with all money going to union busting scab cunts with a history of bullying and toxicity after all. He’s always the victim. Well his name is cm PUNK. Are we surprised that he's a hypocrite and a knob? Edited September 6, 2023 by TheScarlettChad Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2023 13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: https://cwa-union.org/news/releases/trevor-project-workers-speak-out-against-anti-union-attacks-and-blatant-mistreatment Thanks for that! Quote
David Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: This is the bloke who recently wore a T shirt in support of striking workers, then produced a T shirt with all money going to union busting scab cunts with a history of bullying and toxicity after all. He’s always the victim. Not to defend poor old Phil, but I'd wager that he didn't (and likely still doesn't) have a clue about the situation with the Trevor Project workers. He seems like the type who knows just enough surface information about various subjects to sound informed in a debate but isn't really all that clued up. On the trans t-shirt, I'm guessing he thought it would be a worthwhile and cool idea and either quickly Googled a prominent charity to link it to or had someone do it for him. Quote
69MeDon Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 20 minutes ago, David said: On the trans t-shirt, I'm guessing he thought it would be a worthwhile and cool idea and either quickly Googled a prominent charity to link it to or had someone do it for him. I wonder what Ace Steel is going to be doing for the rest of his contract that runs to 2024, if he's not Googling shit for Punk. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 6, 2023 Members Posted September 6, 2023 3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: This is the bloke who recently wore a T shirt in support of striking workers, then produced a T shirt with all money going to union busting scab cunts with a history of bullying and toxicity after all. I'll wear mine in solidarity next time I choke out a colleague. But seriously that was disappointing to see AFTER I'd bought one. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted September 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2023 52 minutes ago, David said: He seems like the type who knows just enough surface information about various subjects to sound informed in a debate but isn't really all that clued up Man, don't you find people like that really annoying. Quote
David Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 2 hours ago, Tommy! said: Man, don't you find people like that really annoying. It's even worse when that surface information is usually still more than the people he's talking to, though. So there is that. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted September 6, 2023 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2023 I see the sheets are already making with the "CM Punk's WWE return plans and Wrestlemania opponents" click bait headlines. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted September 6, 2023 Posted September 6, 2023 4 hours ago, David said: Not to defend poor old Phil, but I'd wager that he didn't (and likely still doesn't) have a clue about the situation with the Trevor Project workers. He seems like the type who knows just enough surface information about various subjects to sound informed in a debate but isn't really all that clued up. On the trans t-shirt, I'm guessing he thought it would be a worthwhile and cool idea and either quickly Googled a prominent charity to link it to or had someone do it for him. Yeah I agree. As someone brilliantly said earlier, any friendship with him is transactional. I’d wager this is the same. He knew it would score him goodwill points with people and didn’t look into which organisation was the best. Like when he champions women’s rights, it’s good optics. Nobody can play the crowd in the modern industry like Pip. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.