CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I mean, this has no reason to happen in public

Well, someone once said the apology should be as loud and as public as the disrespect.

2 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I don't like Punk but it does feel like he wasn't really in the wrong here and it was just another 'Jack Perry' incident

What other Jack Perry "incidents" have there been? Aside from "he was a bit grumpy at a convention", the only other negatives I can recall hearing about him also involve CM Punk. 

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

Well, someone once said the apology should be as loud and as public as the disrespect.

He didn’t beat Jungle Jack or the Elite up in public, to be fair.

With the exception of Jungley, everything has been out of sight.

Someone from Fightful can sit in, and write about it after the fact. That’s about even.

Would that have been since his heel turn?

I've legit never heard a story of anyone having an issue with Jack Perry, but we're in a thread NAMED AFTER PUNK because he generates so much heat, and we're still like 🤔 wonder who started it?

What's really annoying is, it was a good match against Joe.  He's got some good matches left in the tank, but a diminishing number of top calibre people who'd be willing to work them. 

A lot of the blame does lie with Khan, to be honest.  He gave Punk an entire show to be big daddy to, and has obviously given him a lot of rope, and here we are.  I can only imagine what 2023 Punk would be like in WWE!

• Paid Members

Whatever you think of Punk, and whichever side you picked after Brawl Out, I think we can all agree that The Elite staying quiet and normal ever since has proven to be a genius move.

One of them should clue Jack Perry in to do the same. Even if you were in the wrong to begin with, just rise above it, go radio silent, and bask in the satisfaction of Punk finding something or someone else to get angry about, making himself look worse and worse. Bonus points if you can also no-sell his attempts at working his own angle with you. In the world of pro-wrestling politics, this is checkmate.

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Whatever you think of Punk, and whichever side you picked after Brawl Out, I think we can all agree that The Elite staying quiet and normal ever since has proven to be a genius move.

One of them should clue Jack Perry in to do the same. Even if you were in the wrong to begin with, just rise above it, go radio silent, and bask in the satisfaction of Punk finding something or someone else to get angry about, making himself look worse and worse. Bonus points if you can also no-sell his attempts at working his own angle with you. In the world of pro-wrestling politics, this is checkmate.

Agree with all of this.

Not only is shutting up and cracking on the grown up thing, if he is as bad as people say he is it just exposes Punk even more.

By trying to get one up on him publicly, you just provide justification for the drama. 

If he is all the things people say he is, let him talk himself into trouble. No need to go down with him.

I think Khan is managing the situation really poor. I'm not on 'any side' (because all we know is from dirt sheets) but it feels like he needs to get several talent 'around the table' and iron things, they don't have to be best friends but they can be professional.

At my workplace 2 guys fell out over something minor but it grew and grew and grew and people kept telling my old manager he needs to do something about it but he kept insisting it was fine. It got really toxic between them and long story short blew up to the point people had to get in between . The general feeling after was it should never have come to this is out manager just tried to sort it out instead of being a coward and ignoring it.

Feels like he needs to get hold of it and sort it or just let Punk go.

• Paid Members

Not enough talk of chippy teas or which way to sit on the toilet for that. 

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-jack-perry-likely-to-receive-more-of-the-blame-from-aew-management-for-all-in-altercation-with-cm-punk

This sort of dirt sheet round-up piece made me laugh, as it is reads like it was written by an AI engine that only had access to the UKFF.

25 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I think Khan is managing the situation really poor. I'm not on 'any side' (because all we know is from dirt sheets) but it feels like he needs to get several talent 'around the table' and iron things, they don't have to be best friends but they can be professional.

Probably easier said than done when it was seen as an Elite and Punk issue.

Stories of those banned from Collision tapings did the rounds a couple of weeks ago. It's kind of telling that a number of people that are often relied on whether it was live Rampages, Universal tapings and house shows have been absent from Collision. As time went on the 'roster split' really did look to be more those willing to work on Punk's show. Not sure a table would be big enough. Might need a small conference hall.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

I think Khan is managing the situation really poor.

Why what’s he done? You can’t just say things like this, and your prior post on The Many Misadventures of Jack Perry without saying what for. All we have heard is that both are suspended pending an investigation. Unless you actually know what’s going on:

1) it’s all speculation 

2) We don’t know exactly what’s going on.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Write up of Bryan Alvarez's WOL appearance can be found through the twitter thread. Interesting bit was this:

"Bryan says there was apparently a SECOND NEAR INCIDENT when Punk came back through the current where Miro confronted Punk and asked him about what happened with Perry, and Punk asked him if he had a problem with him now and if he wanted to step outside. JESUS CHRIST."

2 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Write up of Bryan Alvarez's WOL appearance can be found through the twitter thread. Interesting bit was this:

"Bryan says there was apparently a SECOND NEAR INCIDENT when Punk came back through the current where Miro confronted Punk and asked him about what happened with Perry, and Punk asked him if he had a problem with him now and if he wanted to step outside. JESUS CHRIST."

That one feels a bit over reported, as doesn’t sound like anything actually happened. I don’t think cross words are ‘news’.

Sounds like AEW hadn’t told Punk about his suspension, though, and he’s got the hump about that now 😂