CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Alvarez reporting Jack Perry and Punk are suspended. It never ends.

Tune into Saturday Night Collision, now built around the Interim Real World Champion, Jon Moxley, the man who never gets a holiday.

I think ol’ Roddy sums it up best (he’s definitely Tweeting about this, right? I’m aware it’s more likely just a kayfabe Tweet about Adam Cole, but I love that it fits.) 

IMG_6152.thumb.jpeg.7d8c178b6b9c3fa3915436fbec3b7e75.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

That's not the worst swansong for his AEW run if he leaves on the high of wrestling one of his longtime rivals at Wembley Stadium. He's also finished up his most recent storyline (Ricky Starks stuff asides) so an easy-ish time to write him off TV.

Obviously there's loads of money left on the table if he was to quit (I don't think he actually will, I suspect it's just him having a flounce). 

On 3/24/2023 at 12:03 PM, Loki said:

You'll get exactly what you should expect from Punk whenever he turns up - some edgy shoot style promos, some decent matches, a huge dollop of unhappiness in your locker room, and a disappointing end to the run where he stomps off in a huff.  Is it entertaining in a car crash way?  Sure.  Does it long-term help your company or brand?  Absolutely not.

To be fair, his return this time has absolutely helped them lock in some solid Collision ratings, but otherwise same old predictable Punk.  Respect, which is what he so clearly is desperate for, is earned.  Like Sting.

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

CM Punk here having to take public transport after they kicked him out the building because apparently they forgot to arrange travel for him once he was there.

IMG_7895.jpeg

FWIW, I reckon if he doesn’t feel like you’ve spited him he’s a throughly nice bloke. There’s lots of people willing to vouch for him as a stand up guy.

Apparently he bought the acts that left the show Nando’s last night and they all ate together at the hotel.

I don’t think it’s as simple as saying he’s just a prick. He’s just - apparently - quick to offence, and then solves every minor quibble with a fucking nuclear bomb.

Roddy sums it up quite well there, alright. Our own @d-d-d-dAz did too, in the AEW London thread. I - too - am a Punk fun but there's just something quite anachronistic and ugly about the feeling created around certain TV days when he's there, without even really getting into who is culpable for what. It's like he's become one of those "My friend's coming but don't worry about it" memes then the friend shows up and everyone has to sort of start policing their jokes a bit more and clear the kitchen table because - oh we're all out of Pepsi and would you look at the time!

And it's all made it so that even though I think he's got talent to burn and is a bona-fide star, if he's never on AEW television again it doesn't really feel like we're missing anything. 

I also genuinely suspect he's been phoning it in since he got back. I don't think those lazy, arrogant walks to the ring are him doing his 50/50 "Let's see what the crowd makes of me" deal. He just looks beyond it. 

Sad, all so sad. But especially when contrasted with his initial return run where he looked set to be the caretaker of the business within AEW. 

Sean Ross Sapp & Alvarez got mortgages to pay. I get it. It's almost like these guys have a secret AEW E-fed discord in which they coordinate these nonsense stories.

Kudos for giving Jack Perry some street credibility through all this. Kayfabe is still alive and well in 2023.

2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

FWIW, I reckon if he doesn’t feel like you’ve spited him he’s a throughly nice bloke. There’s lots of people willing to vouch for him as a stand up guy.

Apparently he bought the acts that left the show Nando’s last night and they all ate together at the hotel.

I don’t think it’s as simple as saying he’s just a prick. He’s just - apparently - quick to offence, and then solves every minor quibble with a fucking nuclear bomb.

Wonder how he likes his nandos

3 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Sean Ross Sapp & Alvarez got mortgages to pay. I get it. It's almost like these guys have a secret AEW E-fed discord in which they coordinate these nonsense stories.

Kudos for giving Jack Perry some street credibility through all this. Kayfabe is still alive and well in 2023.

Not just them.

11 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Wonder how he likes his nandos

He likes to order other people Hot, but if anyone orders him anything other than Lemon and Herb he kicks OFF.

I wonder if FTR are sending Tony the odd message like ‘those CMFTR shirts, can we just… take them off the website?’

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It's genuinely fucking sad how it's all gone with punk at least in my opinion. The rumblings and rumours before he debuted at that aew dynamite show was so exciting and I think quite a few fans were excited and happy to have him back after all this time but that Man is his own worst enemy clearly.

This should be it now and they will almost certainly be terminating his contract, once with how public and with the talent it was with was bad and 99.9% of other wrestlers would have been gone there and then but no they took him off TV for a while and fucking created a new show specifically for him to be on and away from those that were in the fight.

Only for it to happen again at their biggest show in the companies history once again creating a stain on what should have been a unbelievably amazing and positive feeling for everyone all round.

I wonder if Khan's trying to work out what night's the most barren for wrestling currently.

Tuesdays on TBS will never be the same again with AEW: Island!