CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

And Punk isn’t real.

Spot on.

Despite everything he's said in the past, the CM Punk of today is very clearly primarily motivated by money and this WWE run is basically his last chance before his body completely gives out to make serious bucks. For that reason alone I think he'll behave.

10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Despite everything he's said in the past, the CM Punk of today is very clearly primarily motivated by money and this WWE run is basically his last chance before his body completely gives out to make serious bucks. For that reason alone I think he'll behave.

What makes you think that? I mean, money matters to most people - but he doesn't seem to have said or done anything to suggest that's his primary motivation. 

Edited by RedRooster

7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

What makes you think that? I mean, money matters to most people - but he doesn't seem to have said or done anything to suggest that's his primary motivation. 

Well, he did specifically say he was there to make money.

But, besides a potentially worked line, he’s not set up a DIY federation for one, or signed with Ace Steel’s mob in Impact.

I mean, I don’t know whether it’s his primary motivation, but it’s clearly a part of it. That, the platform, the love of wrestling. Probably all mixed in together.

But punk still isn’t real. And if you are looking to prove it’s existence, I wouldn’t start with a guy who has always wanted to headline Wrestlemania, has written for Marvel, stars in movies and is worth millions of dollars.

Everything he’s doing is perfectly consistent with what you’d expect someone in his position to be doing, providing 15 years ago you didn’t buy into the idea he’s the second coming of Ian Mackaye or some shite.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Hasn’t he always been motivated by money though? I mean, I remember him being asked what if he signed for WWE and they used him like they book Shannon Moore and he replied “Enjoy the massive truck the salary paid for” or words to that effect. 

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that it’s all part of the gimmick and he’s the absolute master of working the gimmick and thus working the fans? Nothing wrong with being worked, lads. 

20 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Well, he did specifically say he was there to make money.

But, besides a potentially worked line, he’s not set up a DIY federation for one, or signed with Ace Steel’s mob in Impact.

I mean, I don’t know whether it’s his primary motivation, but it’s clearly a part of it. That, the platform, the love of wrestling. Probably all mixed in together.

Oh it's definitely motivation - why wouldn't it be. But I get the impression he actually enjoyed being able to wrestle again in AEW. As much as he wants to make money (and there's nothing wrong with that), I think he actually enjoys wrestling. Perhaps not his colleagues, or the politics of it all - but wrestling itself, he seems to enjoy. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Some of the major differences for me though are that Bret and Bruno had significant legitimate reasons to be fucked off majorly, Warrior much less so.

That's the opposite of the point you think it is. Bret and Bruno had apparently bigger grievances than Punk... and yet still came back. So, it should be even less surprising that he took the payday.

Bret basically held the company responsible for his brother dying, and came back in the end. Punk had a Twitter spat with Seth Rollins. Of course he came back.

• Paid Members
On 12/14/2023 at 12:04 AM, Jonny Vegas said:

I met Punk before and asked him to sign a wrestling magazine which had Shawn Michaels on the front. It must still be in my Mum's house somewhere.

He signed across his face, drew something or other on it too, then called him a "phony Christian" and "one of the biggest pieces of shit in the entire wrestling business".

He’s just gone up in my estimation tbh.

Britain may be batshit in so many ways, but I’m so thankful that the ‘born again’ religious shite gains you no favour over here.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, David said:

Oh, I think we all know that isn't true at all.

The way he behaved in AEW at the end was pathetic. But why would I want someone career to be ruined, unless they were a sex pest or murderer. I don't have to be in the CM Punk fan club, but I know how much he means to people and if he gets to get his happy ending, fair play. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch