CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

29 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It might not be that surprising that that's what he wants, it'd be utterly astounding if WWE decided to give him - with all his quirks - the sort of power HBK has over the future of the business.

HBK might have been a difficult sod backstage, but he's famously always been a Vince fave and is Triple H's mate. I don't think Punky has such advantages.

Sure, but that's also all about the journey. Shawn gets the power now because he's calmed the fuck down and sorted himself out and put himself in a position to be a legitimate help. I don't think that's just being buddy with Vince or with HHH.

So if Punk is aiming to have some sort of position in the future, it's not impossible because Shawn has shown that people can calm down and focus and be better. Can Punk? Everyone's different. But you've already got a good example of a previously notorious pain in the arse there now. Perhaps there's no one better for him to learn from.

Is AJ Lee still wrestling? you'd have to think there is a decent chance of her popping up in the women's Rumble match now that Punk is back. They've burned through most of the attitude/ruthless aggression era women as surprise entrants at this stage really.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JLM said:

If I never have to see her skipping again I’d be ok with that. 

Wasn't there a picture of her recently where it looked like she had hit the weight room in a way that Punk never has, so skipping looks unlikely. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Wasn't there a picture of her recently where it looked like she had hit the weight room in a way that Punk never has, so skipping looks unlikely. 

Definitely doesn’t skip leg day anyway. 

IMG_5916.jpeg

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

I hope they make the most of him. For all the ups and downs and questionable stuff he does have a lot to teach the younger talents. And if it means we get less cookie cutter talent coming through then great.

What does he have to teach? This not a loaded question I’m genuinely curious what he could teach that other veterans couldn’t? I wouldn’t say that a Randy Orton, Miz, Cody, Kofi etc would have more to teach than Punk. Most of those names have had longer or more varied careers with less drama attached. 

Great a veteran is happy to lend their time to go down to developmental, but it feels a little like a politician holding a baby or royal handing out gifts to the poor for a photo op. And I wish I didn’t feel that way.

• Paid Members

As much as I think this is just Punk on best behaviour during his probation period, I genuinely hope it works out for him this time and he can find happiness in WWE. A generation of up and comers learning from one of the best can only be a good thing. WWE have got a boost and people talking, Punk seems happy and AEW have got a headache off the roster and the TV product hasn't really missed him. Him joining WWE may work out best for everyone in the long run.

*I'm talking in terms of storylines and personal preference, not arsed at all about ratings/metrics/etc. 

• Paid Members

51 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What does he have to teach? This not a loaded question I’m genuinely curious what he could teach that other veterans couldn’t? I wouldn’t say that a Randy Orton, Miz, Cody, Kofi etc would have more to teach than Punk. Most of those names have had longer or more varied careers with less drama attached. 

Considering he was more or less the first wrestler to come from ROH and the independent system to make the breakthrough in WWE, and laid a path for many more who took that route to come, I'd say that counts for quite a lot.

54 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Great a veteran is happy to lend their time to go down to developmental, but it feels a little like a politician holding a baby or royal handing out gifts to the poor for a photo op. And I wish I didn’t feel that way.

What would you have said if he hadn't gone to NXT for these appearances?