Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 6, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 6, 2024 When either of you has 700 Test wickets you can be as sniffy as you like, until then zip it. Quote
Loki Posted April 6, 2024 Posted April 6, 2024 50 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said: This may be common knowledge to everyone else on here but it was a surprise to me; as I was watching RAW Homecoming from 2005 the other day on the network and there's a lad front and centre with a hatful of signs that he shows throughout the night and during the main event (John Cena v Eric Bischoff for the WWE Title) one of his many was CM Punk is the future. During the Michaels/Angle Iron Man match there was "my myspace name is Nature Brad". That hit home how old the episode was because he was advertising myspace. Ian Rotter = king of hardcore. Matt Sydal of all fucking things. He had plenty of others as well. Along with flashbulbs, random signage is something I really miss from that era of wrestling. For a long time WWE has policed the signs people bring to shows, although they may have eased on that in the Renaissance Era. MySpace looks like it's finally dropped its other bollock - it's still there but doesn't seem to have been updated since 2022. No sign of Nature Brad! Quote
Vamp Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 I seem to remember that being a being "smarky" crowd with signs for Super Dragon and things. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 30, 2024 Members Posted April 30, 2024 Little shits. I hope Phil had them both thrown out. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 30, 2024 Posted April 30, 2024 (edited) That video is great. You get to see both sides of the new Phil. Complete gentleman with kids, doing the autographs and taking the photographs, then the minute he hears the deep voices of male, middle aged wrestling fans who might want to talk for hours about kayfabe, Khan and star ratings? Absolutely pegs it. My guy. Edited April 30, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
The Gaffer Posted April 30, 2024 Posted April 30, 2024 3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: the deep voices of male, middle aged wrestling fans who might want to talk for hours about kayfabe, Khan and star ratings Can we add this to the forum's header logo? Quote
Donald J Trump Posted April 30, 2024 Posted April 30, 2024 The old "I hope your parents die" CM Punk is still in there somewhere, and rightly so. Years ago i was at a WWE show and when I was standing at a urinal with my whalloper in my hand I sensed the bloke next to me staring at my face and smiling. I wanted to make sure he didn't have serious and complex learning difficulties so I asked him what he wanted. He has this vacant, self satisfied grin on his face and mumbled "I'm here to see Phil Brooks". He looked so pleased with himself. I turned away in disgust but he wasn't done. "Do you know who Phil Brooks is?". I'm not usually an ignorant person but I'm not having that, and certainly not in the toilet. Whenever there are signs CM Punk might hit the skids I'm usually at least slightly sympathetic as I always imagine ghouls like that haunting him constantly. If it had just been your standard, garden variety pervert chancing his luck it wouldn't have bothered me but this character really gave me the creeps. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 1, 2024 Members Posted May 1, 2024 8 hours ago, Donald J Trump said: Years ago i was at a WWE show and when I was standing at a urinal with my whalloper in my hand Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2024 What the fuck is this. No need to violate Andre like that. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 Oh, crisps. Drew's pressed the Cabana button. Oh well, it's been a good run. See you in TNA, Phil. Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 (edited) When I see the Jackass thread, I think "Shit, Bam's dead." When I see the CM Punk chat, I think "Oh shit, has he kicked off?" Edited July 23, 2024 by The Gaffer Quote
Chili Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 It's ok, he'll call Drew out when he's on his holidays or something. The apology should be as loud as the awful t-shirt. Quote
Gooner Posted July 23, 2024 Posted July 23, 2024 He's been fantastic. I'm looking forward to him/McIntye and the list after that of opponents are endless. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 29, 2024 Posted July 29, 2024 A nice new upload from the vault, CM Punk in a dark match with the Legion of Doom. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.