CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What did you post about every day before you went on hiatus from the board?

Stuff in off topic mostly. Football and hating tories was my usual. 

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What have you immediately started doing now you're back?

Dunno, you tell me. 

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

If just brushing this off by calling me a simp makes you feel better about your weird, unhealthy, obsessive behaviour then fine, go for it. 

Thanks chief! I will!  I love how simps have this weird, unhealthy, obsessive behaviour when it comes to defending abuse against women. 

• Paid Members

EDIT: nevermind. Absolutely pointless.

@LCJ thing is Punk seemed to be enjoying wrestling when he first arrived in AEW and you could tell. It was refreshing to watch and he was at his best. It seems around the Hangman incident the old CM Punk came out and he's been miserable ever since.

Edited by LaGoosh

So the Jack Perry glass story is actually weeks and weeks old, JP actually had permission from the top to use glass/car window but Punk pulled his owner of Collision card and told him fuck no. I can see why Jack would be pissed, another wrestler has just gone over even TK's head to tell him what to do.

Edited by Merzbow

32 minutes ago, Duke said:

You guys know that Moo is a billionaire, right?

That has to be bollocks. No billionaire would preside over a monumental failure of code, and leave it for days whilst security was breached and loads of users left...oh wait.

That reminds me of something @Merzbow said a while ago on Twitter and that is that we should treat paidos like Twitter Blue users 😂

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, LCJ said:

What’s he on? 4 million USD a year? And you have to ask yourself is Punk actually worth the effort and the drama. I’d hardly say he’s moved the needle in terms of domestic (US) gates, ratings and buy-rates. I won’t count the Wembley Gate because UK fans most likely would’ve paid to watch All In in their droves regardless.

He’s not the star he thinks he is. Yes he gets a big pop but I very much doubt that many people that watch AEW now would stop doing so if he wasn’t around.

Tony Khan is setting a horrendous precedent if he continues facilitating such behaviour.

It does seem like Punk hates wrestling and the money is what lured him back. He didn't come back when AEW was starting out. 

They offered him a contract, and he pissed and moaned about that too, he's a hypocrite. 

And yeah, I reckon, he'll be in WWE by next year, And we'll see him canned from there again. Or maybe he retires for good. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That reminds me of something @Merzbow said a while ago on Twitter and that is that we should treat paidos like Twitter Blue users 😂

Us paid members should be treated like the Kings among men that we are, thank you very much.

That Jack Perry glass story is so weird, especially as going by the timeline it would have been around the same time BCC and Best Friends had the Parking Lot Brawl and smashed all the world's car glass. It's not exactly a super dangerous thing to do, loads of wrestlers have done it including John Cena of all people so not sure what Punk's issue with it is.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Maybe they could all have a mass brawl in red and blue shirts, only for Paul Wight to switch sides at the end, revealing himself to have been a 'Collider' all along.

36 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Miro. Never trusted him.

Maybe they could be a tag-team called the Super-Colliders.

12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

We're slightly-less right-wing.

Edited by Carbomb

I still think it mostly boils down to Punk desperately wanting to be seen as a respected locker room leader.

Undertaker snitching on him to Vince over the dress code stuff, back in the day is hilarious in hindsight.

I can imagine Punk now doing the exact same shit in AEW, probably while wearing his pro actors/writers union T-shirt. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So the Jack Perry glass story is actually weeks and weeks old, JP actually had permission from the top to use glass/car window but Punk pulled his owner of Collision card and told him fuck no. I can see why Jack would be pissed, another wrestler has just gone over even TK's head to tell him what to do.

And if this is true, its an appalling failure of management. 

If, as some have suggested, Punk has the power from WB to run the show as he sees fit, why don't the talent know that? If he doesn't, and he's just playing boss on a Saturday with no authority, why is TK letting him get away with it? 

Edited by gmoney

4 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

And yeah, I reckon, he'll be in WWE by next year, And we'll see him canned from there again. Or maybe he retires for good. 

They should lure him back with Wrestlemania main event. Then after he's signed tell him he's putting over The Miz, on night one. 

10 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

It does seem like Punk hates wrestling and the money is what lured him back. He didn't come back when AEW was starting out. 

I remember he got all pissy that the Elite and/or Cody got in touch with him via text initially to see if he'd be interested in coming on board.

He didn't have any balls, though, so he waited until the thing was already a roaring success to come get his bag and fuck things up.

9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Us paid members should be treated like the Kings among men that we are, thank you very much.

That Jack Perry glass story is so weird, especially as going by the timeline it would have been around the same time BCC and Best Friends had the Parking Lot Brawl and smashed all the world's car glass. It's not exactly a super dangerous thing to do, loads of wrestlers have done it including John Cena of all people so not sure what Punk's issue with it is.

Punk wouldn't dare try and tell Mox and Co that they can't do what they want to do.

Edited by 69MeDon

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

And if this is true, its an appalling failure of management. 

Yeah, ultimately this has always fallen to Tony Khan and setting up a management structure where shit like this doesn't happen. Even hiring a "bad cop" to work talent relations as Daniels has seemingly done a shit job at that in every way, stories about him being nowhere to be found have been going on for well over a year.