CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Loki said:

I was watching Dynamite and saw the trailer for his comeback.  "I don't know what I'm going to say... ooh live mic... ooh sit down in ring... ooh pipebomb".

That said, it shows what a stroke of genius it was to have the sit-down promo and the 'Best In The World' shirt when Punk returned - because they can refer to the Pipebomb promo people remember from 2011 while using their own footage.

15 minutes ago, Factotum said:

'I don't like him meh meh meh' and you're all going to watch him and that show. That's called being a star. Love the miserable bastard.

Punk's had more turns on here than Big Show. 

I can't wait to see him come back. I don't really care how miserable he is in real life because I'm not sitting next to the guy on the plane back home to Chicago. 

12 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

because I'm not sitting next to the guy on the plane back home to Chicago. 

Can you imagine? He'd start off complaining about the peanuts and before you've taken off he's ranting about ethics and morality in sports and telling you the history of the Chicago Blackhawks.

By the time you land, you've given yourself a GTS in the bog just to have some peace.

Punk's posted twice on Instagram in 9 months about the whole thing while Meltzer, Alvarez, Jericho and others have continually had their say (and the Elite had a platform to mock the whole thing o TV), I say let the fella vent. It's infinitely more interesting than anything else AEW is doing at the minute.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

You've got the scripted storylines on Dynamite absolutely COOKING. This shoot stuff is so uninteresting in comparison to all the intrigue going on in the BCC/Elite/Callis epic saga.

Sadly, this weeks ratings say otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Punk's posted twice on Instagram in 9 months about the whole thing while Meltzer, Alvarez, Jericho and others have continually had their say (and the Elite had a platform to mock the whole thing o TV), I say let the fella vent. It's infinitely more interesting than anything else AEW is doing at the minute.

Sadly, this weeks ratings say otherwise. 

That's simply untrue, maybe if you said this a few months back but the shows are very good right now with multiple interesting angles starting on or after the PPV.

• Paid Members

There is no promo that Punk could cut right now that would be good enough because the battle is already lost. Realistically Punk is only here because  the TV execs wanted him. If not Tony would seemingly have let him sit out the rest of his contract for less backstage drama, and who could blame him as he is safe in the knowledge that Punk isn't going back to WWE anytime soon. 

Now it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Large chunks of the fan base have decided Punk will be rubbish,  he could cut the modern day equivalent of Dusty's Hard Times promo and it would be shit all over, he has X Pac heat and very few people willing to work with him to change that. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

That's simply untrue, maybe if you said this a few months back but the shows are very good right now with multiple interesting angles starting on or after the PPV.

There's a world where both are interesting! To me anyway. It really doesn't have to be either or.

Really funny how AEW are trying to strong arm ESPN into omitting the Adam Page quotes. I hope they air them. Viva La Chaos.

You absolutely do not get to bring a fox back into the henhouse and then complain when they get a bit bitey.

Punk feels he’s been wronged, and he will be an uppity cunt about it until the day he dies. That’s who he is.

• Paid Members

Reports coming out that Punk reckons Hangman was stiffing him at the pay per view. I might have to watch it back and see.

Scores not settled. Heat amongst the guys. New prime time show that needs to succeed.

*Taps the sign*

IMG_4514.thumb.webp.c8ae6a09ef40d7f812f2fa5af3dfe580.webp

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I will watch the show, but if ‘Pipebomb’ is uttered even once I’m turning it off

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s used the word “pipebomb” since his WWE days, certainly not in AEW, and has even said in interviews that he hates that term nowadays. I think we’re safe.

I’m firmly in the can’t wait to see the miserable prick back camp. I enjoy him on telly and I don’t have to personally deal with the fallout if he throws another wobbly, win win really.

20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Reports coming out that Punk reckons Hangman was stiffing him at the pay per view. I might have to watch it back and see.

Scores not settled. Heat amongst the guys. New prime time show that needs to succeed.

*Taps the sign*

Get Bobby Fish back for that Punk dream match.

24 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s used the word “pipebomb” since his WWE days, certainly not in AEW, and has even said in interviews that he hates that term nowadays. I think we’re safe.

You’re probably right, but this is exactly the kind of scenario where he’d bring it back. Not saying he will, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he did.

Similar to him, it’s the term itself that I tend to find annoying, or more specifically how it gets thrown around far too easily for any sort of half-shooty or half-passionate promo. Anything that isn’t in the Performance Centre mould of promos, everyone (not on here I should say) is suddenly “ooooh, pipebomb!”. People were even calling that Miz promo on Talkin’ Smack a pipebomb promo for fuck’s sake, get a grip

Edited by WyattSheepMask