d-d-d-dAz Posted June 17, 2023 Posted June 17, 2023 I appreciate all the arguments about him being bad for the company, his body not being up to it, the show being a vehicle for him to fail; but… BUT… the day has arrived and I’m pretty pumped. He still sits in that rare group of wrestlers, for me, that at the very least pique my interest with what they’re up to. I’m still considering over paying for All In tickets based solely on being interested in what they’re going to do with him. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 17, 2023 Paid Members Posted June 17, 2023 There are two things about Collision I’m pumped for. That Elton John intro and tomorrow when CM Punk has to leave again for 9 months because he tore something doing his entrance or something else stupid. I really hope the likes of Thunder Rosa and Miro get something to work with. Despite this being a show for the whingers it will be interesting to see how they behave once given their own show and also given proper pushes on it. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 17, 2023 Posted June 17, 2023 6 minutes ago, FelatioLips said: CM Punk has to leave again for 9 months because he tore something doing his entrance or something else stupid. Which gives us Joe vs Miro instead and makes it a must watch show. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 17, 2023 Paid Members Posted June 17, 2023 4 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Which gives us Joe vs Miro instead and makes it a must watch show. Definitely a bigger draw for me. Keep Punk, Andrade and FTR, give me Joe, Hobbs, Starks and co. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted June 17, 2023 Posted June 17, 2023 I have a feeling he'll be on his best behaviour for the next few months, and then someone will make him blow up again. Probably while eating muffins. Quote
Guest Posted June 17, 2023 Posted June 17, 2023 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: someone will make him blow up again. Probably while eating muffins. It's the baking soda. Seen it happen with pigeons. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted June 18, 2023 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2023 As long as they don’t have a faux hawk, right? Quote
Factotum Posted June 18, 2023 Posted June 18, 2023 The fact we don't have actual superstars in life these days was made clear the moment he walked out. What a guy. That's what you want. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 18, 2023 Posted June 18, 2023 14 minutes ago, Factotum said: The fact we don't have actual superstars in life these days What does this even mean? Quote
Factotum Posted June 18, 2023 Posted June 18, 2023 15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: What does this even mean? People who are exciting in modern life. Cinema is dead. Tv is dead. Music is dead. I think the fact you asked proves the point. You'll now do a weird paragraph about how i'm wrong, but i'm not. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 18, 2023 Posted June 18, 2023 46 minutes ago, Factotum said: People who are exciting in modern life. Cinema is dead. Tv is dead. Music is dead. I think the fact you asked proves the point. You'll now do a weird paragraph about how i'm wrong, but i'm not. No it means I didn't understand what you were saying so I asked. You're oddly defensive. Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted June 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2023 (edited) 15 hours ago, Factotum said: The fact we don't have actual superstars in life these days was made clear the moment he walked out. I understand riding for Punk but this statement simply isn't true. Three things were made clear the moment be walked out: 1. He is even more of a selfish, arrogant and childish prick than we ever thought 2. His on screen/in-ring contributions were not missed one bit. The show on didn't suffer and the actual real life superstars such as Sting, Moxley, Danielson, Cassidy, Allin, MJF carried the roster without any bother at all. 3. Punk isn't even a superstar when you see the reactions that Sting, Page, Omega et al get. Edited June 19, 2023 by Suplex Sinner Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 19, 2023 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2023 (edited) I was seemingly a bigger fan of Punk’s promo than most, and right now I’m just happy to enjoy the novelty and chaos of him returning. Plus, half the stuff people seem to have disliked about his promo felt like heel lines that were supposed to wind you up. However, I can’t think of a crazier take than claiming his entrance on this show somehow proved that we don’t have stars any more. Even if we ignore Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes existing in this very same business and just focus on Punk himself. Looking scrawny as fuck, gym shoes around his neck, carrying a scruffy bag, he looked like he’d just been kicked out of the swimming baths for pissing in the pool. Bonus points for shouting, “I AM A STAR!” into the camera. Nothing makes you feel less like a star than feeling the need to tell everyone. Bad Bunny would never. Edited June 19, 2023 by Supremo Quote
StrongStyle Posted June 19, 2023 Posted June 19, 2023 I think that's what would keep Punk awake at night more than anything: that a recording artist with almost zero experience carries himself, performs like and ultimately is a bigger star than he could ever dream of being. I think the quality acts in wrestling are really showing Punk up for what he is right now. He's old, he's knackered, he's angry and he's a couple of steps away from shouting at the clouds. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.