Elimination Chamber 2023 - The End of the (Blood)Line

d-d-d-dAz

23 minutes ago, Chico Torres said:

In this scenario of two contrasting challengers, nepo-baby Cody is a complete Tory cunt akin to Cameron and Johnson with the smarminess and lack of sincerity of a Blair or Starmer, the wrestler most likely to be a fan of Thatcher and uses corporate speak catchphrases.

Sami is obviously the Corbyn in this analogy and his story has to end to make way for the entitled little Tory.

don’t be a Tory, vote Sami.

I think this is the worst post ever on this forum. That really takes some work.

Imagine bringing that negativity to this island of positivity. For shame.

Also, I *love* nepo baby. Yeah, fucking Cody… had everything handed to him, never had to graft for this spot. No sir.

Cody and Sami are the coalition of over babyfaces we’ve been waiting for (fucked the politics metaphor, but whatever…).

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

This is mad.

I can only imagine what life must be like to be that joyless and so overcome with politics it affects everything.

Wrestling is great at the minute and I hope they do right by Sami and Cody and everyone has big smiles and a lovely, happy time.

I've got that horrific pit of the stomach stressful anticipation feeling I rarely get unless it's watching England go to penalties in a major tournament. We've had quality all the way through the early rounds. We made it through an entertaining but stressful match and extra time. And now we're fucking here waiting to see if it's all or nothing at the end. Although 'nothing' is a bit harsh as we'll always have the memories and those joyous moments along the way.

You just know the heartbreak is coming. It's just the how..

.. probably can't blame this one on Southgate.

I think I've watched Sami's stuff from Smackdown so much today the wife probably thinks I've gone a bit crazy. I probably have.

I really wish WWE did AEW-style ‘Road To…’ shows ahead of a PPV, as I’d absolutely love to relive the best bits of the Bloodline saga. I have to admit, I was expecting to feel massively underwhelmed heading into this show, but they’ve booked this masterfully and I really do believe that Sami can do it. I can’t bloody wait until this show gets underway.

9 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I really wish WWE did AEW-style ‘Road To…’ shows ahead of a PPV, as I’d absolutely love to relive the best bits of the Bloodline saga. I have to admit, I was expecting to feel massively underwhelmed heading into this show, but they’ve booked this masterfully and I really do believe that Sami can do it. I can’t bloody wait until this show gets underway.

Can’t recall if someone posted this before, but this is probably as close to a ‘Road to…’ that you’ll get ahead of tonight. Runs just over an hour and covers from the beginning of the angle from last April up to the Royal Rumble angle

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I hope Roman has learned how to say "It's my fucking house now" in French!

They need to stay strong and have Roman win tonight, for Wrestlemania's sake. They're six weeks away from nailing it perfectly for the first time in years. Any title change fuckery will cheapen or outright ruin what should be coming. Mexico North in February isn't the place to end a legendary title run like this. Tonight should be about cruelly crushing some more hearts (like mine in Cardiff).

I'm really excited to see how/if they get around it. And to see it in general. I feel like you could end up with an iconic PPV ending whichever way they go with the result. It's good to see people actually caring.

• Paid Members

Well that was a decent PPV. But then…Nhl Fumble GIF by SB Nation

What a mess of a main event that was

So I know wrestling logic, but you get a ref bump, Jimmy coming out beating up Sami and continued doing so when the back up ref gets in the ring and HE SAYS NOTHING? Everything pre the first ref bump was decent. After, it was a mess. Some great oh he could win it here near falls, but lots of spots which felt off (including the second ref bump where Roman just appeared to go after the ref instead of Sami to make sure he was in position. That crowd was red hot all night, and just like after clash at the castle, the air was sucked out the arena with predictable WWE booking. I gave then the benefit of the doubt. The first WWE PPV I’ve stayed up to watch live in years and it reminded me why I ditched them. Just the same old shit.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Removed spoiler tag