Elimination Chamber 2023 - The End of the (Blood)Line

d-d-d-dAz

Here. We. Go.

I’m genuinely buzzing for this weekends show, and it’s been a very long time since I’ve felt this way about a wrestling show.

Obviously, we all know how incredibly well booked the Bloodline story has been but the real catalyst for my excitement is this weeks Raw where they managed to create some genuine doubt about the weekends outcome.

Who else is excited? What are you hoping for? Is Sami’s old music coming back?

I think I might cry. Look how wholesome his press tour is:

The WWE have done a great recap of the Sami/Bloodline history which is a good watch:

I repeat: HERE. WE. GO.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Who else is excited? What are you hoping for? Is Sami’s old music coming back?

They're definitely doing this, aren't they? Why else would they have kept him coming in from the crowd without having any music hit if they didn't then plan to use his proper theme?

Only alternative I considered was if they decided to use this:

I know people are going to say I’m only saying this because I’ve already lashed myself to the Cody mast, but watching that Sami/Bloodline retrospective today (at home riddled with Covid) has got me super hyped for a potential USOs v KOZayn match at Wrestlemania.

I’d forgotten how involved KO had been and for how long, and I’d forgotten how much of the story had been about Jey’s journey with Sami, as well as Sami’s journey with the Bloodline.

Either way, again…. HERE WE GO!

B events are usually hit and miss in terms of both hype and presentation but this one on Saturday has to be seen as one of the most anticipated in years purely because of the Bloodline angle. I still think both Jay’s turning and Cody will show up either to save Sami and KO or at least confront Roman when he abandons Solo and the Usos 

• Paid Members

I’ll accept nothing less than a live band playing Sami’s old music for his entrance. Didn’t Less than Jake once suggest covering it? Fly them in!

This is it. As good as WWE gets. I haven’t been this excited for a show since WrestleMania 30 or Money in the Bank 2011.

My head says Sami loses via interference from Jey Uso and then Kevin Owens gets the biggest pop of all time making the save. But my heart

805FC78E-EACA-4CBE-B783-954CD70AC7A6.png.23a5826c733c497875c28e4be1286313.png

LET’S GO! NEW CHAMP!

Edited by Supremo

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’ll accept nothing less than a live band playing Sami’s old music for his entrance. Didn’t Less than Jake once suggest covering it? Fly them in!

This is it. As good as WWE gets. I haven’t been this excited for a show in since WrestleMania 30 or Money in the Bank 2011.

The Planet Smashers are from Montreal… just saying…

On 2/15/2023 at 11:56 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I know people are going to say I’m only saying this because I’ve already lashed myself to the Cody mast, but watching that Sami/Bloodline retrospective today (at home riddled with Covid) has got me super hyped for a potential USOs v KOZayn match at Wrestlemania.

I’d forgotten how involved KO had been and for how long, and I’d forgotten how much of the story had been about Jey’s journey with Sami, as well as Sami’s journey with the Bloodline.

Either way, again…. HERE WE GO!

The long term planning has been fantastic. 

Kevin Owens made it clear he's gunning for the main belts just as Sami Zayn joined the Bloodline yonks ago. Theres even a scene where Roman welcomes Zayn into the bloodline, before moving quickly onto "hey... do you still talk to Kevin Owens?"

It's been really well executed. 

• Paid Members

Years ago when I gave up on WWE I never thought in my wildest dreams that Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes and Sami Zayn would be the ones to drag me back in, yet here we are. Couldn't be more excited for this show and Wrestlemania and even Raw and especially Smackdown have been great wrestling telly lately.
This storyline and the absolute starpower of say Lesnar vs Lashley is the kind of thing AEW are missing right now. They'd have Lesnar go 15 minutes with Otis (which tbf I'd love to watch).

12 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Got a terrible feeling it’ll end up with Owens costing Sami rather than the Usos

I did have that thought myself and I think that's probably the worst of all the options. I get it. He turns on people all the time. Especially on Sami. But it doesn't feel right to do it right now. Not after what Sami did for him. I hope they don't pull the trigger on that straight away. I'm sure they will eventually because those two fight all the damn time but not right now damnit.

In this scenario of two contrasting challengers, nepo-baby Cody is a complete Tory cunt akin to Cameron and Johnson with the smarminess and lack of sincerity of a Blair or Starmer, the wrestler most likely to be a fan of Thatcher and uses corporate speak catchphrases.

Sami is obviously the Corbyn in this analogy and his story has to end to make way for the entitled little Tory.

don’t be a Tory, vote Sami.