Elimination Chamber 2023 - The End of the (Blood)Line

d-d-d-dAz

1 minute ago, Pinc said:

Well again I think we differ on how we enjoy wrestling (which is fine obviously). I tend to think the de facto co-authorship of the shows between the writers and fans is one of the most interesting things about. And fairly unique. If that occasionally rises to the level of ā€˜hijackingā€™ the shows, I donā€™t know. Itā€™s still just cheering and/or booing characters on a wrestling show, like.

Anyway Iā€™ll step out now as I think weā€™ve thoroughly exhausted the issue. Hereā€™s hoping the Cody story catches fire and everyoneā€™s happy.

Fair enough, this is a very good post and I fully understand the difference of opinion now. We disagree, but that's cool.

Apologies for dragging this out even further, itā€™s probably boring as fuck at this point, but apart from Kfrogg has anybody on here actually suggested they want to see Cody booed out of protest? Christ, I browse twitter and Reddit, and I donā€™t even think Iā€™ve seen that sentiment on either of those. Reading some responses on here, anyone would swear itā€™s like Bryan in 2014. Itā€™s not.

I tell you whose definitely not the guy; Johnny Gargano.

In all this, I forgot how bad I felt for him for how not over he is.

Good grief.

I struggle to think of an example of someone working that hard for such little reaction as Johnny in the Chamber. No matter what he does, fans just do not care do they?

Cold. As. Ice.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Apologies for dragging this out even further, itā€™s probably boring as fuck at this point, but apart from Kfrogg has anybody on here actually suggested they want to see Cody booed out of protest? Christ, I browse twitter and Reddit, and I donā€™t even think Iā€™ve seen that sentiment on either of those. Reading some responses on here, anyone would swear itā€™s like Bryan in 2014. Itā€™s not.

I donā€™t want to see it, but I could have believed it was possible. Cody was in Canada last night, the reaction was mild. But considering where he was and what had happened the fact he wasnā€™t booed has to be seen as a win. I can see him get a huge pop at Mania and fair play if he does.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

hang on, didn't they have to turn Edge heel and crowbar Daniel Bryan into the main event? Isn't that what happened?

There was no crowds, it's hard to tell if that's what they "had to do" or if it's just what they did.Ā 

Edge was more than fine when there was actually fans there to give feedback.Ā 

56 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I tell you whose definitely not the guy; Johnny Gargano.

In all this, I forgot how bad I felt for him for how not over he is.

Good grief.

I struggle to think of an example of someone working that hard for such little reaction as Johnny in the Chamber. No matter what he does, fans just do not care do they?

Cold. As. Ice.

I have probably 2 or 3 wrestling t shirts. One of which is a DIY Gargano/Ciampa one, so it shows how much I liked them.

Those guys were great, and then both great in NXT as solo wrestlers. Against each other that feud was brilliant.Ā 

What on earth happened? I haven't even seen the EC match so can't comment but his anti pop on his Rumble entrance was one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

Just send him back to NXT or something.

Is Ciampa still there?

• Paid Members

Ciampa's main roster, but out injured.

Gargano was, for a time, the best whitemeat babyface they've had since Daniel Bryan. They fucked him with how melodramatic and overblown the Ciampa feud got, and just that whole period of NXT being built around endless main events between him, Ciampa and Cole. I heard good things about his heel run after that, and what little I saw seemed fun, but he's been useless on the main roster.

Part of is the Triple H problem of putting people on TV with little to no explanation of who they are, but most of it is that he's being booked as a smarmy unlikeable prick that's supposed to be a babyface. There was a backstage segment back in October, during Miz's feud with Dexter Lumis, with Miz, Gargano and Byron Saxton in the doctor's room backstage, and it's honestly one of the worst segments of wrestling TV I've ever seen.

Ā 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Roman wins because neither Sami, Cody or Jey are anywhere close to being the guy.

Cult of Personality plays to end 'Mania.

Punks fascinating to look back on if you disregard his career before and since WWE. A couple of runs with the big Gold, a couple of WWE title wins false starting his run that lasted all of 2013 and a couple of the months either side, which looks completely random juxtaposed to everything that had come before, save one big pop in Chicago at the pivotal point of ā€œis he staying or leaving?ā€ Without the insider knowledge of how much complaining he did before he re-signed, itā€™s totally bizarre to see him just transform from just another guy in the mix to ā€œfuck it, this guys the man.ā€ Before he slipped back behind Rock, Cena and ultimately Lesnar before fucking off again.