Elimination Chamber 2023 - The End of the (Blood)Line

d-d-d-dAz

18 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

This is where I hope the wwe universe does what it did with Daniel Bryan and make them have no other choice but to get him in that title match at mania 

I’m reiterating a point I made previously, but if this happens - big if - I hope it fundamentally changes how all wrestlers view the risks they take and the spots they do and the effort they put in.

I have zero issue with fans being disappointed about Sami, I also understand if they’re ambivalent about Cody - but conflating the two is such toxic, entitled nonsense. Last year, the guy’s arm was hanging off and he (stupidly) still kept the show on the road, and delivered one of the matches of the year. If within 12 months THAT GUY can still get booed for not being someone else? Yeah, fuck all of that.

At that point, if you’re a wrestler, why put yourself at unnecessary risk? Why take those extra bumps? Why work with that nagging injury when it literally doesn’t count for anything and you’ll be ditched when the newest guy with a beard comes along.

Absolute madness, as far as I can see. 

Hijacking shows is lame anyway, but in this instance it’s an absolutely disgraceful idea.

We occasionally moan about promoters treating wrestlers like pieces of meat, yet this would be up there. Eurgh.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

24 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

This is where I hope the wwe universe does what it did with Daniel Bryan and make them have no other choice but to get him in that title match at mania 

The absolute worst possible scenario. 

@Devon Malcolmmade an excellent point earlier that Sami is just merely a part of The Bloodline saga.

That his part of the story has 'finished' isn't necessarily a bad thing. He will still be involved. The story is bigger than Sami.

• Paid Members

I just don't see the fans clamouring that hard for Sami to be made part of the title match. It wasn't like there was a riot last night and that was in his home town he was screwed out of the title. They expected him to lose as should everyone in their right mind. It's not like he's suddenly got nothing to do. He's now part of two major storylines - repairing his relationship with Owens and still being involved in the Bloodline stuff. Why are people so desperate to see him be world champion when we know where that realistically leads? Winning the tag titles at Wrestlemania would be massive considering how long the Usos have held them.

• Paid Members

Imagine Jey screwing Cody over at Mania, only to turn around and stare straight at Roman and drop him, while raising the belt aloft. 

Yeah, that's wank, but Jey needs some big time closure, the guy was gas lighted way worse than Sami.

I don't know there are different reactions too show absolute anger and disappointment and I think the reaction that Kevin Owen's got when his music hit was on that level because they barely reacted at all because they were so bummed out and disappointed. The atmosphere got completely sucked out of that arena when the finish happened 

31 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I don't know there are different reactions too show absolute anger and disappointment and I think the reaction that Kevin Owen's got when his music hit was on that level because they barely reacted at all because they were so bummed out and disappointed. The atmosphere got completely sucked out of that arena when the finish happened 

That and he turned up after the fact. They'd been chanting for him earlier in the match. I get they were trying to show that there was still a sense of uncertainty between the two and logically it made sense. It just had the wrong kinda feeling for the place and the time I think. I wish they'd been able to just have KO do the proper rescue and something a little bit more straight forward and rewarding emotionally. Especially there.

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Well, it is. He won the Royal Rumble.

Bringing down The Bloodline has never been Cody’s story but you knew that’s what I meant.

Starting to wonder if Sami’s “it’s a little weird” comment should have been directed at your obsession for Cody to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, FUM said:

Bringing down The Bloodline has never been Cody’s story but you knew that’s what I meant.

Starting to wonder if Sami’s “it’s a little weird” comment should have been directed at your obsession for Cody to be honest. 

This is what I find interesting, I have an ‘obsession’; in a thread where people are actively calling for fan mutiny, for them just to fuck it all and have Roman keep the titles forever and for them to put the belt on Jey Uso.

I’ve enjoyed the Sami Zayn story, and was VERY positive about it and now I’m happy to see what they do next.

If, at this point, you can’t see that you - and others - are just having a tantrum about not getting what you want, I don’t know what to tell you.

I’ve said quite a bit that I’m not even sure Cody is THE guy, but the process of seeing them trying to crown a proper main event superstar is exciting. 

For those now saying they want a triple threat, if they get it the next stage will be… ‘well, actually, Sami has to win.’ It’s slightly mad.

If you go back and read the Clash at the Castle I was making broadly the same points when people threw the same partisan tantrums then; I’m happy to sit back and them tell me the stories they want for as long as i’m enjoying it. If I stop enjoying it, I’ll turn off. 

Wrestlings great at the minute. Just try and enjoy it.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

55 minutes ago, FUM said:

It was shite when he said it and you've somehow made it worse.

But yeah, sheesh. It's fecking Cody Rhodes. It's not as if Mideon is crawling up the drainpipe. He's been getting cheered wildly in every town since the 'Rumble. 

I hope there's no weird fan backlash. That would significantly suck the life out of the 'Mania build for me. I wanna see the next most logical thing play out now that the super hot diversion show is out of the way and the thing didn't happen. 

70,000 mostly non jaded people happy to go along with the coronation of the only guy they ever planned on making the next big long term champion. 

I want my normal, nice wrestling. Cannot wait. 

32 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It was shite when he said it and you've somehow made it worse.

I cringed when I clicked Submit Reply so yeah, I get it.

I want Cody to have his day in the sun though despite half my comments. I just don’t want his day in the sun to be bringing down The Bloodline as he’s not the natural conclusion for me, that’s all I’ve ever been trying to get across. His story isn’t part of The Bloodline and never belonged in there. Heck, I’d take Solo being built the next few months and made at SummerSlam at this stage just to see the king brought down the way he should be and by someone he should be.

I do also hope the fans don’t turn on Cody though as it helps nobody.

• Paid Members

There's no suggestion at all that Rhodes beating Reigns will be the end of the Bloodline. Clearly there's going to be an aftermath after Wrestlemania with the group. They're not going to go away, there will still be too many unsettled issues and they're the biggest story in wrestling by some distance. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I hope there's no weird fan backlash. That would significantly suck the life out of the 'Mania build for me. I wanna see the next most logical thing play out now that the super hot diversion show is out of the way and the thing didn't happen. 

70,000 mostly non jaded people happy to go along with the coronation of the only guy they ever planned on making the next big long term champion.

I'm hoping this is just another UKFF phantom backlash like Edge's a couple of years ago. People were swearing blind the returning crowd was going to eviscerate him for not being Daniel Bryan!

I think the most important part of this entire storyline is just how much the fanbase has truly endured and 1000% got behind sami, when you look at the bigger picture in terms of what he was doing a year ago it is truly incredible and it does show that the wwe can create something special when they do what they CAN do well. 

The biggest problem for me with the wwe in recent years is the fact they seem to rush everything and not have these long term storylines that has room to grow and breathe, your not reinventing the wheel you don't have to have your main champion go through 80 feuds a year there's nothing wrong with slow builds. But it's when it turns out the way this has which creates issues because it becomes what we planned months ago to what we have now created and seems almost bigger and the place the universe is wanting to go. 

I genuinely think having Cody be the one to beat roman and get those titles is fantastic however I still believe putting sami into that main event and him having the payoff for his incredible work and effort is having him in that main event as a 3 way