Elimination Chamber 2023 - The End of the (Blood)Line

d-d-d-dAz

Also, Cody isn’t your normal establishment favourite being rammed down people’s throats. Important to remember, after years of feeling undervalued and humiliated he literally did what - in the gratitude era - others can only dream of, he fucked off and worked hard and earnt respect. He also helped build the biggest competitor brand since WCW.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

First it was bootlickers, now psychopaths. Make your bloody mind up.

Fuck you you boot licking psychopath 😁

I look forward to Cody losing at 'mania and Roman rolling on to next year's 'mania where he loses to 2024 Royal Rumble winner Kenny Omega and the Usos lose to the Young Bucks when Wrestlemania goes Elite.

Tremendous show, main event had me hooked all the way, I’m not as down on Reigns winning as some might as I think the absolute right time to end his run is Mania

Where Jey’s part in this goes is another matter now, it’s either a clever ruse or he’s almost certainly turning face, pity there isn’t a March PPV because of Mania being the very start of April because I could have seen them do Sami, Kev and Jey as a reluctant team against Roman, Jimmy and Solo

Rest of the show was fun, the right people won the Chamber matches, the men’s match being the better of the two, Lesnar/Lashley was what it was, meaty guys smashing each other, didn’t need the DQ finish though and the mixed tag did it’s job, kept Rhea strong by not being the one taking the fall. 

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

People talk about Adam Cole’s Physique all the time, Tez is smaller than him.

You are talking utter bollocks. There’s probably at least 4 inches height difference and a good 40/50 lbs difference.

This isn’t intended as a slight against Cole, but he’s not noticeably much taller than Britt Baker. Whereas Ford towers over Bianca Belair (who is the same billed height as Baker).

I see people again thinking others are upset just that Sami lost and it reminds me very much of when people kept making out that wanting Sami to be the guy meant not thinking Cody should be at some stage (a mistake still being made in this thread).

I’m fine with him losing but they done it in an utterly crap way. I didn’t feel heartbroken because at no point in the match did they give me a moment to believe he was going to do it. I felt they dropped the ball massively. Roman could win but you need to actually have the belief within the match that Sami is going to do it and we never got to that stage.

Do I think they should have went with Sami? Yes. Am I gutted he lost? No. It’s all about the way it’s done. They’ve been great at making me feel and to be honest I left that show feeling like I got nowhere near a deserving pay off which could still have happened with a Roman win done in a better way.

Also can’t agree that it would be bottling it to go away from the plan - sticking to the plan and ignoring a potential big star is far more of a bottle job than sticking to the plan and going with the one you’re confident will be a big star. But either way, if you’re sticking to the plan then make me feel something when the guy you didn’t go with goes down because I felt underwhelmed to the point I don’t care about him as much as I did before. A chance to make a big star shouldn’t finish with people wanting the current big star to keep his title longer than the plan.

The issue with Adam Cole wasn't ever just heigh from what I was aware. He just doesn't look very athletic/menacing/threatening.

Guys like Finn Balor and Montez Ford are probably both around the same height but both look a million times more impressive physically.

36 minutes ago, FUM said:

I see people again thinking others are upset just that Sami lost and it reminds me very much of when people kept making out that wanting Sami to be the guy meant not thinking Cody should be at some stage (a mistake still being made in this thread).

I’m fine with him losing but they done it in an utterly crap way. I didn’t feel heartbroken because at no point in the match did they give me a moment to believe he was going to do it. I felt they dropped the ball massively. Roman could win but you need to actually have the belief within the match that Sami is going to do it and we never got to that stage.

Do I think they should have went with Sami? Yes. Am I gutted he lost? No. It’s all about the way it’s done. They’ve been great at making me feel and to be honest I left that show feeling like I got nowhere near a deserving pay off which could still have happened with a Roman win done in a better way.

Also can’t agree that it would be bottling it to go away from the plan - sticking to the plan and ignoring a potential big star is far more of a bottle job than sticking to the plan and going with the one you’re confident will be a big star. But either way, if you’re sticking to the plan then make me feel something when the guy you didn’t go with goes down because I felt underwhelmed to the point I don’t care about him as much as I did before. A chance to make a big star shouldn’t finish with people wanting the current big star to keep his title longer than the plan.

The problem here is it accepts as fact that the booking WAS bad and that’s why people who wanted Sami to win are disappointed.

From what I can see, the main event has been pretty well received. I’ve even read an op-Ed today about it being the perfect main event (bit far).

I’d be interested to know how you’d have booked him to lose in a way that keeps him away from the Wrestlemania main event, that you think would have stopped people from being disappointed?

Because, I might be wrong, but atm it just seems like the people who are most disappointed today are the ones who most wanted Sami to win.

Now they have passed on Sami (and rightly so unfortunately. It just wasn’t the right time) I’m all for Roman keeping at least one of the belts through Mania. I have no idea how they do that without making it obvious Cody will be winning though. Getting Roman to 1000 days as champ and then Jey removing the final belt from him would be perfect in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see how non-Montreal crowds react to Sami between now and Mania. I suspect they'll love him but not to the point where it overshadows Cody at all. The general crowds seem really into him and he should go into Mania with them behind him solidly. I guess the difficult thing is shifting Sami away now.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

You are talking utter bollocks. There’s probably at least 4 inches height difference and a good 40/50 lbs difference.

This isn’t intended as a slight against Cole, but he’s not noticeably much taller than Britt Baker. Whereas Ford towers over Bianca Belair (who is the same billed height as Baker).

When I talk physique im talking physique not height. So why you’ve gone all full guns blazing I don’t know. Clearly you’re talking bollocks.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The issue with Adam Cole wasn't ever just heigh from what I was aware. He just doesn't look very athletic/menacing/threatening.

Guys like Finn Balor and Montez Ford are probably both around the same height but both look a million times more impressive physically.

253BD48C-EC94-485F-9D3C-57FB81684EFC.thumb.jpeg.407ac052e2c60ac632fb6633ee0cf07f.jpegyeah your right. Tez looks like Bobby Lashley when you compare him to Adam Cole

also @d-d-d-dAzCody did exactly what Drew did, except he also was an EVP for an upstart promotion. Otherwise, similar journey.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

253BD48C-EC94-485F-9D3C-57FB81684EFC.thumb.jpeg.407ac052e2c60ac632fb6633ee0cf07f.jpegyeah your right. Tez looks like Bobby Lashley when you compare him to Adam Cole

also @d-d-d-dAzCody did exactly what Drew did, except he also was an EVP for an upstart promotion. Otherwise, similar journey.

I’m a big Drew fan, too.

I’ve enjoyed the Sami feud, enjoyed the Drew feud, and will probably enjoy the Cody feud.

My points always been that I’m happy to enjoy the journey, as they’ve built up enough goodwill with me to trust them.

And the point about Cody’s credibility was more to say he may get more goodwill from the fans, as he’s as legit as anyone.