AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

6 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Fletcher has had a good few weeks and definitely feels like a natural fit and a much better fit for the Don Callis Family than Sammy Guevara. 

Struggle to think of what they could do with Sammy really, he's pretty rubbish and hasn't improved in years. He's only really good as a sidekick but he's kind of outgrown that but also not quite grown into anything else.

I definitely agree with your assessment of Fletcher - and with the sentiment that Sammy is a bad fit in the Don Callis family.

I do think he had started to find his feet as a babyface before his most recent turn, and that there’s more to him than he’s often given credit for. He has a great look, wrestles well and is good enough on the mic - I just think he’s been Dolph Zigglered a little, in that he’s been made to feel lesser because his direction and face/heel alignment keeps changing. Clearly, it’s a hard thing to fix.

• Paid Members

Marina Shafir is the drizzling shits. I’m sure there are examples of someone worse on AEW’s roster, but no-one immediately comes to mind.

Anyway, watch this show for the opener. Absolutely bonkers lucha match that reached such insane levels of video game absurdity that Tony Schiavone and Excalibur were laughing with joy. My jam. Vikingo should be mixing it up at the top of the card regularly and Pentagon needs to realise that new F5/Jackhammer move should be his finisher. It’s awesome!

Stay for the Daniel Garcia promo at the end. Holy shit. I thought he was a write off, but there’s something still there. Let’s go! *Does the dance* The day he finally calls himself a pro-wrestler is going to get a huge pop. Just a shame Jericho fucked him off before allowing him to finish that arc properly.

Danhausen made me laugh. Glad he’s (properly) back next week. Make him Rampage GM!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Hell yeah. Daniel Garcia is one of my faves and it's always pissed me off how they did him dirty. Every opportunity given to Sammy Guevara should have been his. He's so great and should be a big star for them for the next 5 years minimum.

3 way lucha was a wacky spotfest and a hell of a good time.

More of this stuff on Dynamite, less old fogeys and mid-2010 WWE storylines and AEW will be back on track.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed last night's show. Starks vs Vance and Velvet vs Soho were both good matches (and Big Bill and Nigel on commentary together were a riot) and FTR vs Vikingo/Komander was a cracker. That lucha pairing would be a good addition to the tag team ranks if that's the direction they go in.

Rampage is just a really fun, easy watch at the moment. 

Oh, and they announced Garcia vs Andrade for Collision! Take my money or whatever it is the cool kids say now. 

• Awards Moderator
36 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm going to sound old and grumpy but I'm not really enjoying Vikingo when I see him. Most of his stuff looks incredibly sloppy or unbelievable in context. I assume he's still fairly early on in his career but yeah he's just a walking GIF machine at the moment.

There were a few times where I felt FTR were waiting around for ages and ages to catch him and Komander on their dives, long enough for me to notice how long it had been, which isn’t great. With Vikingo though, the moves are at least spectacular enough he can just about get away with it.