AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

The Righteous have gained a nickname online of 'The White Order' due to the similarities in gimmick to The Dark Order. So I found it funnier than I should when DO came out in white gear for the Trios match.

For anyone that's paid closer attention to ROH than I have recently, what's the reason that Stu Grayson has been dropped from The Righteous?

17 minutes ago, Loki said:

Is anyone still actually watching Rampers any more?

If something sounds interesting in a show recap on somewhere like prowrestling.net, I’ll maybe check it out on YouTube; but that’s the extent of it for me. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Loki said:

Is anyone still actually watching Rampers any more?

If the card looks fun it's definitely an easy and enjoyable Saturday morning watch for me. Cup of tea, some frosties and some random lucha, Jeff Jarrett and a decent womens tag and I'm happy.

Still watching. I have begun skipping more stuff. Last week I skimmed right through to the main event (Shida v. Soho).

This week I stuck with the opener to see if there was any point in it. Looks to be sewing the seeds for Garcia breaking away from the former JAS B team. It's such a waste that Sammy's been getting another chance instead.

Then it was another solid women's main event. Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir aren't the greatest but they're hampered being a tag team so long with no tag titles to go for. Diamante and Mercedes Martinez have shown some actually development for the first time in forever by putting some effort into their pairing, they suffer the same problem. There's nothing for them to do as a tag team.

• Paid Members

Komander had another great outing, it’s going to be an interesting match up with him and Kingston.

Rampage is essentially Farming hour. Just sowing seeds for the other shows with some fun matches in between. I think Garcia is going to be taken in by the BCC for what it’s worth. But everything was entertaining or leading to an angle, a great way to waste 50 minutes.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Garcia is going to be taken in by the BCC for what it’s worth.

I’m at the point where I just want the BCC to fuck off. It’s a stable that has never met its full potential, and Moxley was far more interesting outside of it. Losing him to multi-man matches is a huge blow. 

On the other hand, we’ve not really seen Bryan Danielson outside of the BCC in AEW. I’d like to know what that looks like. Same goes for Claudio, who has shown that he has it in him to be a really good heel. Yuta has too - I’d prefer to see him in the Callis Family over Sammy.  

8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I’m at the point where I just want the BCC to fuck off. It’s a stable that has never met its full potential, and Moxley was far more interesting outside of it. Losing him to multi-man matches is a huge blow. 

On the other hand, we’ve not really seen Bryan Danielson outside of the BCC in AEW. I’d like to know what that looks like. Same goes for Claudio, who has shown that he has it in him to be a really good heel. Yuta has too - I’d prefer to see him in the Callis Family over Sammy.  

I'd say we have seen Danielson outside of the BCC as week-to-week he's usually removed from it.

The time for Garcia joining the BCC was last year. The past year of duelling young lions between him and Wheeler Yuta would have been far better. Plus would have helped with a break-up of the BCC with growing dissenion between them and their mentors Claudio/Yuta v Danielson/Garcia. Instead we got a dancing meme and an afterthought in the JAS split.

• Paid Members

Us Rampagers are the real ones!

Rampage in 2023 is somewhere between Sunday Night Heat and Velocity. More often than not it’s a fun, breezy, nothing affair that you forget about as soon as you’ve finished your Shredded Wheat, but then they sprinkle in just enough top drawer stuff to keep you from fully abandoning the show.

Similar to how people liken being a fan of CM Punk to having an abusive partner that you convince yourself can change. Rampage is that relationship you know won’t last, the spark has long since fizzled out and you’re just going through the motions. However, every time you think about calling it quits you have a nice day together and you think maybe there’s still a chance it’ll work out in the end.

Whether it’s a crazy lucha match or Big Bill and Brian Cage doing a Road Warrior tribute, there’s always something that rewards you for watching. On this week for example, that Ortiz promo was fire! Has this Ortiz vs. Santana feud even featured on Dynamite or Collision? Given it’s potential it feels like a huge waste solely existing on the show nobody watches.

Also, Rampage featured the biggest news coming out of the whole industry this week. How do you counter Undertaker going to NXT? Danhausen coming back, of course! Bonus points for the Halloween 3 reference. Check mate, Hunter. Be cursed!

Edited by Supremo