AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

I think it was around the time Jon Moxley went for a figure four in a parking lot brawl that I thought for the first time ā€œmaybe someone needs to have a word with him?ā€

His Tour De Hardcore at the minute is utter lunacy. Heā€™s had about four ā€˜blood feud endingā€™ type matches in the last 2 weeks the nutter.

• Paid Members

Maybe my favourite Rampage ever. Parking Lot Brawl was just some insanity, and I was proper starting to believe Best Friends would win (I also expected Danhousen to leap out of the back of Sue's minivan).

Hardys and the Bucks cut a shit promo after Jeff again tried to actually kill someone with the Swanton. Kip Sabian was having a lot of fun in that match too.

Swerve was Swerve!Ā 

Statlander is slowly turning into The Ultimate Warrior.

Anna Jay vs Skye Blue may be my favourite match of all time. Not got a clue what happened in it though.Ā 

• Paid Members

Fuck me that Parking Lot Brawl was INCREDIBLE! Somehow massively upped the brutality of the first and the BCC walking tall away from a massacre of blood and destruction made them look like the biggest killers. Special mention to Wheeler Yuta being the absolute nastiest little cunt in wrestling. Amazing scenes.

Second best thing was Statlander's amazing promo. She needs to be doing more quirky stuff like this. "Yknow what pickles my egg?" is the best start to a promo in ages.

Big Bill's mafia voice and Cage & Nana doing the most 80s wrestling promo imaginable - inject that straight my veins.

AEW is the best promotion ever. Basically non stop classic shit every week at the moment.Ā 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Fucking mint.

Between last Saturdayā€™s Collision, Wednesdayā€™s Dynamite and then last nightā€™s Rampage, thatā€™s got to be one of the most consistently great weeks in the history of pro-wrestling TV. Just good shit all week long. Absolutely ridiculous to spread yourself so thin and yet nail it all so successfully.

Even Johnny TV sliding down red carpet doing the splits made me laugh!

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Ā 

Big Bill's mafia voice and Cage & Nana doing the most 80s wrestling promo imaginable - inject that straight my veins.

God, how did I forget this? I'm a fan of both Cage and Big Bill, and seeing Cage finally start to show actual charisma is making me happy.

• Paid Members

As much as it was said to see the demise of Sueā€™s Mini Van of Friendship, the rumour backstage is it wasnā€™t Ulez compliant so she decided to scrap it before All In only for her to then discover as she wasnā€™t a London resident she wouldnā€™t get Sadiqā€™s scrappage fee towards a new compliant vehicle. Sheā€™s fuming.

That hour flew by and was a great hour of TV. When Rampage nails it, it really nails it, which is a shame that it can be really inconsistent.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As much as it was said to see the demise of Sueā€™s Mini Van of Friendship, the rumour backstage is it wasnā€™t Ulez compliant so she decided to scrap it before All In only for her to then discover as she wasnā€™t a London resident she wouldnā€™t get Sadiqā€™s scrappage fee towards a new compliant vehicle. Sheā€™s fuming

Tv Show Lol GIF

23 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Was Brian Cage trying to channel a little Big Poppa Pump with that promo? He should just fully lean in to that.

Cage as an 80s roided version of what Swinger is doing on impact probably best use I can think for himĀ