AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

17 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Surprised that Shida picked up the win, thought for sure that Taya was due a rebound and Shida is barely around so expected her to take a loss

Barely around isn't quite right, barely used would be. The other week she was stuck as the dark match show opener and did nothing on TV.Ā  I'd like to think having gone cold into this match, it might be leading to something further.

It's the AEW Women's Division so it's best not to hope for much.

• Paid Members

Just casually dropping the best new tag team finisher you've seen in years. Get Cage a matching pair of jeans and put these two together permanently pronto. Fantastic match and a really fun hour of wrestling. Not a dull moment to be had with this episode.Ā 

Bit upset about my girl SHIDA's new generic rock theme, I loved her old groovy tune.

And Johnny TV ninja kicking his phone into a bin was the best thing he's done in his 15+ years in wrestling. Incredible!

Edited by LaGoosh

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Bill & Cage both need face paint, too.

Yes! Cage looked great with his Sting power-and-paint look.

I reckon you could build Big Bill up and have him take the belt for a period of time, at some point. He isn't the usual sort that AEW looks to put their belt on, but it could be fun watching him dominate people with his size and power, while looking sexy as all hell.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Awards Moderator

This weekā€™s show had something more exciting than anything weā€™ve had on Rampage for a while... Weā€™re getting Orange Cassidy vs Lance Archer this weekend! Howā€™s he going to escape with the title this time?!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This weekā€™s show had something more exciting than anything weā€™ve had on Rampage for a while... Weā€™re getting Orange Cassidy vs Lance Archer this weekend! Howā€™s he going to escape with the title this time?!

Lance Archer loses every match he has against a half established name, Orange will be fineĀ šŸ˜†

• Paid Members

That was a banging episode. Fast paced fun, great matches and squashes. No complaints about anything, just had a really good time with this show.

On the men's side you've got Swerve with the most crossover star potential, on the women's side it's gotta' be Willow. She'sĀ tremendous. Just bursting with charisma and an innate likeability and loveable ness you can't teach. Works really smart too, despite being bigger than most she has that underdog vibe and the selling ability to work effectively from underneath then hit big fan-popping power moves in her comeback. On top of all that she's absolutely beautiful! She'd be top of the list of wrestlers I'd be sending out on media appearances. Willow wins everyone over. I didn't really care about the Owen Cup before but I'm now desperate to see her win the women's side tonight.Ā 

Every time I see Willow I feel a bit disappointed. Not because of anything she does, but itā€™s because of the potential she has - and the fact sheā€™ll likely never meet it in AEW given how they treat female wrestlers.

Sheā€™s NXT-era Bayley, infectiously likeable and incredibly marketable; hindered by the fact that thereā€™s a boss around who seemingly doesnā€™t ā€˜get itā€™.

At this point thereā€™s really no excuse for AEW not to have a womenā€™s division to rival what WWE and Impact has to offer - with title matches in the conversation to main event PPVs. Aside from Willow; you have Athena, utterly wasted in ROH; the massively underrated Shida, Riho, Emi Sakura and Nyla Rose; Thunder Rosa; Jade Cargill; Kris Statlander; up-and-comers in Anna Jay and Skye Blue; and, regardless of what you think about her, Britt Baker. Thatā€™s a bloody good division. Tony Khan deserves more criticism than he gets for how he treats it.Ā 

The Women's division has been hardest hit by the loss of Dark and Elevation. They used to get some reps and variety there at least. Tags and Trios breaking up the monotony of singles squash matches.

ROH certainly hasn't replaced it. As it's boiled down to the Athena show and some attempts at creating a next challenger more than anything.

Ā 

Ā 

10 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Every time I see Willow I feel a bit disappointed. Not because of anything she does, but itā€™s because of the potential she has - and the fact sheā€™ll likely never meet it in AEW given how they treat female wrestlers.

Sheā€™s NXT-era Bayley, infectiously likeable and incredibly marketable; hindered by the fact that thereā€™s a boss around who seemingly doesnā€™t ā€˜get itā€™.

At this point thereā€™s really no excuse for AEW not to have a womenā€™s division to rival what WWE and Impact has to offer - with title matches in the conversation to main event PPVs. Aside from Willow; you have Athena, utterly wasted in ROH; the massively underrated Shida, Riho, Emi Sakura and Nyla Rose; Thunder Rosa; Jade Cargill; Kris Statlander; up-and-comers in Anna Jay and Skye Blue; and, regardless of what you think about her, Britt Baker. Thatā€™s a bloody good division. Tony Khan deserves more criticism than he gets for how he treats it.Ā 

Serena Deeb I think also elevates the division too. I still maintain if they want to add a female to BCC then she'd be the perfect fit