Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

2 hours ago, Bohan said:

Where has another Cardiff show this year been mentioned? Surely can't be right.

7 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

Was quite keen to go and suddenly not interested with the return of Vince. 

Seen no reports of a Cardiff show 

Somebody with 6 posts mentioned it, I've remortgaged the house anyway.

They have a house show in Cardiff the night after MITB. No chance they’re going there for another stadium show too. Despite all those record merch sales, they will know how much of a struggle it was to make the place look busy and that even more people would give it a miss.

Yeah not a chance they run a 2nd PPV in the UK this year let alone a Stadium show less then 2 months after MITB

It would hurt the sales of MITB tickets if they announce another show with most people having to prioritise between the 2 and you'd end up with both shows half full or have to reduce prices dramatically 

Or you wait unti MITB sells out or takes place but then that leaves under 2 months to sell the 2nd show

So a 2nd PPV in the UK is certainly very very very unlikely to say the least

On 1/5/2023 at 10:21 PM, Bohan said:

In terms of being in the middle of nowhere that would be a term more suited to the O2 which is an absolute chore, and having attended at least 50 gigs at the 02 I'd say it's by far the worst post show venue to catch the tube from as the ques are ridiculous.  You'd also be spoilt for choice of good pubs and places to eat at the Spurs without being pushed into the over priced chains in the 02.

Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena are great places to visit these days, so much around them now including Box Park.  But anyone remember ten years back going to a gig at Wembley? There was absolutely nothing aside from the Wimpy of the high road.  That place has gone through an insane regeneration!

Personally I think the 02 is the best arena/stadium to visit in London, certainly the least stressful. 

Food places you can go pretty much anywhere before the event as being centralish London you are tube stops away from the likes of Stratford/Canary Wharf etc (Wembley feels a bit more further out). Even the chain restaurants in the 02 aren't too terrible and overpriced (no more overpriced than the same chains you would find outside the 02). Also after the event there are a few pubs/bars open in the 02 if you want to have a drink and wait until the queues die down, whereas Wembley you are kicked out the stadium within 30 minutes of the event finishing and then need to find somewhere.

If you are driving then it's also much quicker getting out than Wembley which is horrendous (I know Wembley is bigger), you can also park cheaper if parking at the train station and much easier an exit.

Certainly don't think the 02 is as bad as some make out. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Personally I think the 02 is the best arena/stadium to visit in London, certainly the least stressful. 

Food places you can go pretty much anywhere before the event as being centralish London you are tube stops away from the likes of Stratford/Canary Wharf etc (Wembley feels a bit more further out). Even the chain restaurants in the 02 aren't too terrible and overpriced (no more overpriced than the same chains you would find outside the 02). Also after the event there are a few pubs/bars open in the 02 if you want to have a drink and wait until the queues die down, whereas Wembley you are kicked out the stadium within 30 minutes of the event finishing and then need to find somewhere.

If you are driving then it's also much quicker getting out than Wembley which is horrendous (I know Wembley is bigger), you can also park cheaper if parking at the train station and much easier an exit.

Certainly don't think the 02 is as bad as some make out. 

The o2 arena as a venue is pretty shit. Acoustics aren’t great, the views are patchy throughout.  But I agree with the points you made regarding the actual o2 as a whole. 

On 1/6/2023 at 2:01 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

All this talk of Tottenham when East London’s own 65,000 seater, just a few miles from the o2  with easier access by train and hosted the Olympics, MLB and Guns and Roses is right there. And they do proper pie and mash.

It's a great venue.... until you try to leave it. Absolutely awful logistics to get back to Stratford station. That, and the extortionate prices for food and drink.