Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Depends how much you want to slum it. Holiday Inn in Croydon is £69 for the night. North Greenwich (Jubilee Line) to Canada Water, change to London Overground to West Croydon, should take you around 40 minutes to get there,

It does mean staying in Croydon though

Or stay in Romford, or somewhere on the Queen Elizabeth line and it only takes around 20 minutes to get to Stratford and then 3 stops to the o2. There are a lot of places that will be reasonable and still be in really easy commuting distance.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You can put us all up then :)

Fatty Facesitter's Money in the Bank afterparty. Lovely stuff. 

For anyone looking at recommendations for hotels and/or parking that aren't familiar with the capital, some quick notes for you - 

Trains
The London Underground's Jubilee line serves the 02 (North Greenwich station). I highly recommend looking at the different stops and locations on the Jubilee line a bit further out from the centre and heading in that way. Or, have a look for destinations close to East London on the Central line of the Underground, and change for the Jubilee line at Stratford station. For example, a friend of mine is staying at a hotel in Snaresbrook - this has a Central line station which heads to Stratford and from there it's an easy connection to the Jubilee line and just a few stops to North Greenwich. Also, both the Central and Jubilee lines *should* be running for 24 hours as part of the weekend 'night tube' which should hopefully reduce the need for a mad dash to catch the last train etc. Ubers at this time of night with several 02 pickups might prove a bit expensive just FYI if you decide to go down that route. 

Driving
If you're driving, there are parking spaces at the 02 but they'll probably cost you a pretty penny. I live in Charlton and there are actually a few free street parking options close to me (perfectly safe areas) - you could leave your car there and get a direct bus to the 02 Arena from some of these locations (or a quick change from a connecting bus stop). Alternatively, an Uber to/from your parking destination to the arena shouldn't break the bank. If anyone is considering the driving option, PM me and I'll give you a rundown of the lay of the land. 

20 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

How far is Barking from the O2 ?

'Real Dreams Hotel' only £58 for the night

What are the towns on the 'Elizabeth Line' ??

The western side has the below, with Ealing being about 20 minutes from Tottenham Court Road station, and not all Elizabeth line trains stop at Acton or Hanwell. I think you'd probably get better value in Southall than the other towns. 

Acton

Ealing

Hanwell

Southall

Hayes & Harlington

West Drayton

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

yeah, but the lowest package includes a hat and a special entrance. Not really much of a package. £330 to sit in the gods is insane. It cost me £105 for Elton John tickets for my wife and daughter in the same section.

Did you all get hats though?

Considered booking flights and hotel to take my son down from Glasgow for this but on top of extortionate London hotel prices I think its extremely unlikely we would get tickets.

Clash At The Castle may have had trouble shifting tickets but Cardiff is nowhere near as easy as London is for people to get to. 

On top of that 02 in London is 15-17,000 isn't it? Principality stadium has 4 times the number of tickets available.

If only the people who actually wanted to go bought tickets then 15k would sell out inside the first 10 minutes.

Factor in the number of scalpers and even the main ticket sellers taking a % to re-sell at increased prices via their own platforms and this will be a nightmare sadly.

I wonder whether there's any scope to try and move it to Wembley if the demand is big enough because I think they could sell it out comfortably.

20 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Considered booking flights and hotel to take my son down from Glasgow for this but on top of extortionate London hotel prices I think its extremely unlikely we would get tickets.

Clash At The Castle may have had trouble shifting tickets but Cardiff is nowhere near as easy as London is for people to get to. 

On top of that 02 in London is 15-17,000 isn't it? Principality stadium has 4 times the number of tickets available.

If only the people who actually wanted to go bought tickets then 15k would sell out inside the first 10 minutes.

Factor in the number of scalpers and even the main ticket sellers taking a % to re-sell at increased prices via their own platforms and this will be a nightmare sadly.

I wonder whether there's any scope to try and move it to Wembley if the demand is big enough because I think they could sell it out comfortably.

Very good points and your point on the ticket availability really hitting home 

Maybe a max limit per person might help a little bit. Prob at least few 1000 tickets gone already for VIP packages etc 

Bit of a blip by WWE not putting this in a stadium, it's July and it won't be raining too heavy. 

Even do it in Cardiff again 

Edited by Healy52003

Just now, Healy52003 said:

Bit of a blip by WWE not putting this in a stadium, it's July and it won't be raining too heavy. 

Not always that easy though is it? All down to availability and cost.

If they can run a venue like this at likely an instant sell out vs the potential struggle of another stadium show I can see why they would.