Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

How easy is it to get between the O2 and Camden? I'll likely stay around there and find a dirty rock club if one is open for the night.

Jubilee Line from North Greenwich (which is directly outside the O2), change to the Northern line at Waterloo which will take you to Camden Town. Should take you around 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Magic. I can literally get the bus to the arena from where I live in Greenwich. I could walk there if I wasn't a lazy so and so. Too good to miss, this one. 

You can put us all up then :)

@Merzbow Very easy, and at the very least, Ballroom or Underworld will have something on in Camden.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Ted said:

With the o2 and London in general getting big events regularly and having plenty of hotel capacity, would this be less of an issue than in Cardiff?  I haven’t been to any big shows in London so genuinely don’t know the impact it would have.

If you are willing to get a train about 30 minutes away, it will be a doddle

13 minutes ago, Ted said:

With the o2 and London in general getting big events regularly and having plenty of hotel capacity, would this be less of an issue than in Cardiff?  I haven’t been to any big shows in London so genuinely don’t know the impact it would have.

I get what you’re saying, but if I’d booked a hotel nearby this time last week before they announced it for the exact same dates I expect it would’ve been cheaper

Great news and really after coming out of the blue 

Hoping to move around a few things and head over for this but London is a different kettle of fish in terms of cost compared too Cardiff (which wasn't cheap either). Going too a house show in Dublin on the 29th June (xmas present and can't get out of it ha)

Tickets will be a lot harder to get too

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Thats not to say people wont be up for AEW either, but without disrespecting AEW, their tour would be more like when NXT toured a few years ago. The buzz was there, but it was mainly internet fans. 

I’m far from being an AEW megafan, but they have a show that airs late night on ITV1 and otherwise on free TV while WWE is tucked away on BT Sport. The Raw and Smackdown highlight shows were so poorly rated that they were dropped by Channel 5.

While WWE undoubtedly has the biggest name recognition, built over decades, week to week viewership and awareness of current storylines/roster can never have been lower on this side of the pond.

You can’t compare NXT and AEW in terms of visibility.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I’m far from being an AEW megafan, but they have a show that airs late night on ITV1 and otherwise on free TV while WWE is tucked away on BT Sport. The Raw and Smackdown highlight shows were so poorly rated that they were dropped by Channel 5.

While WWE undoubtedly has the biggest name recognition, built over decades, week to week viewership and awareness of current storylines/roster can never have been lower on this side of the pond.

You can’t compare NXT and AEW in terms of visibility.

Not really what I said though.

You said there was more of a buzz about AEW's first tour outside of North America, which I don't think there is. I'm not talking ratings or visibility, Im talking about hype for a tour. NXT's first tour of the UK had a tremendous buzz about it (Even attended one myself for the first time in 20 years), everyone was looking forward to it, but the average Joe off the street wasn't. Which is kind of how I see it with AEW. Internet fans will be buzzing their tits off for an AEW tour, but I personally don't think it will be as big as another WWE UK PPV in terms of general interest, because even lapsed fans will be interested in it, as they were for Clash at the Castle. 

Its all speculation and subjective at this point and without an AEW tour, we wont actually see how it pans out against a WWE PPV in terms of fan appeal. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If these are the actual regular prices, I’ll pass. Mid level seats are starting at almost $700 https://onlocationexp.com/e/sports/wwe-money-in-the-bank-tickets/o2-arena-london/july-01-2023-1001538525?product=silver

Those are the package prices. Cheapest is £330, included some other stuff and a dedicated entrance to the arena. If you look under the section heading on each one, it says what "pass" it includes. 

6 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Might try for a hotel in East Ham

Preparing myself to pay £120+ for the night

Depends how much you want to slum it. Holiday Inn in Croydon is £69 for the night. North Greenwich (Jubilee Line) to Canada Water, change to London Overground to West Croydon, should take you around 40 minutes to get there,

It does mean staying in Croydon though

• Paid Members
Just now, mim731 said:

There's a separate pre-sale you can sign up for, this is just for the packages as far as I understand.

yeah, but the lowest package includes a hat and a special entrance. Not really much of a package. £330 to sit in the gods is insane. It cost me £105 for Elton John tickets for my wife and daughter in the same section.