Money In The Bank - O2 London

Merzbow

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What's the capacity at the o2, 15,000? Regardless, this wont have trouble selling out like Clash which they were practically giving tickets away for the day before the event. 

UFC tends to claim somewhere over 17,000

According to Wiki WWE does the same for their peak couple of events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_wrestling_attendance_records_in_the_United_Kingdom

50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So a proper PPV is coming to the UK again, I didn't see this coming.

I was thinking that they were getting rid of the gimmick PPV shows like this.

I think after the success of Clash at the Castle it was only a matter of time before they brought something over here. I’d read that they were doing away with MITB as a PPV too (I’d prefer it to go back to being a match at Wrestlemania), but clearly they’ve reconsidered and if they’re looking to more PPVs over here (perhaps per year but not the same time of year each time), then it’s worth keeping around.

I would imagine all the hotels have jacked up their prices already

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Its funny, a few years ago this would have felt way bigger. Yet now it feels there’ll be  more buzz for AEW’s first tour outside of North America.

Maybe a year ago, but I think the success of Clash will have people just as much up for this. Even the most miserable of Anti-WWE wrestling fan was up for Clash and most attended. Thats not to say people wont be up for AEW either, but without disrespecting AEW, their tour would be more like when NXT toured a few years ago. The buzz was there, but it was mainly internet fans. 

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Its funny, a few years ago this would have felt way bigger. Yet now it feels there’ll be  more buzz for AEW’s first tour outside of North America.

I think this will feel bigger, they are holding an event where two of the matches have future consequences to storylines and possible title changes. I do wonder if AEW have missed the point where they can announce a tour with lots of buzz themselves to be honest.

• Paid Members

Perfect PPV for the market. Everyone in Britain will fancy going in case there's a same night cash in and potentially the big belt changing hands on these shores, then the company will proceed to NOT do that.

31 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I would imagine all the hotels have jacked up their prices already

With the o2 and London in general getting big events regularly and having plenty of hotel capacity, would this be less of an issue than in Cardiff?  I haven’t been to any big shows in London so genuinely don’t know the impact it would have.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I was thinking that they were getting rid of the gimmick PPV shows like this.

Leveque said they are keeping the ones where the gimmick makes sense as a scheduled event (eg Rumble, Money In The Bank), but not having fixed slots for gimmicks that work better coming "naturally" at the peak of a feud (HITC, War Games).