• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

At this point most of this hasn't made TV. As long as it can stay off the air then it's not a problem. If TK starts booking with it in mind, then we're in WCW territory.

Very good point, Dynamite is going to be very interesting to see which way they go. Will it be completely ignored and kept off screen (best option) or will they throw their plans out the window and acknowledge it and lean into it. 

Mind you, there's a good opportunity for an interim title and tournament to be made from a Punk suspension, can Tony restrain himself? 

7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sorry, are you actually suggesting over achieving is a bad thing?

Absolutely and obviously not. The point I'm trying and have clearly failed to make is that he over achieved largely because he was handed gigantic opportunities most predominantly the "pipe bomb" segment which was different to something anyone had seen before and elevated him instantly overnight.

He acts like everything he's getting is because he really is the best and deserves to be at the top when in reality theres numerous people in AEW better than he is at every aspect of the game. 

Good for him that he's over achieved but his fragile ego knows it deep down and no matter how many little hissy fits he throws nobody sensible is buying him as anything other than deluded and bitter.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

19 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Absolutely and obviously not. The point I'm trying and have clearly failed to make is that he over achieved largely because he was handed gigantic opportunities most predominantly the "pipe bomb" segment which was different to something anyone had seen before and elevated him instantly overnight.

He acts like everything he's getting is because he really is the best and deserves to be at the top when in reality theres numerous people in AEW better than he is at every aspect of the game. 

Good for him that he's over achieved but his fragile ego knows it deep down and no matter how many little hissy fits he throws nobody sensible is buying him as anything other than deluded and bitter.

I mean… he still delivered that promo. Plus, pretty much everything we’ve seen since has suggested that shoot promos are really hard, don’t work and are massively shit. So there’s some credit deserved there.

I’d love to know what aspects of the game these numerous people are better than him at. I can see arguments for Danielson, Mox is making a case for himself now and that’s probably it.

Theres no point revising history just because he’s acted the twat. He’s an incredible story teller and has adapted his relatively limited physical attributes into tools of that storytelling.

And, by all accounts, he is a hard worker and prior to the Pipe bomb moment he had struggled for years with bad booking and limited opportunities.

He’s a very good professional wrestler. He’s the biggest star in AEW. He’s still delivering some of the best work in the business (Punk/MJF was a masterclass).

He’s just an uppity, outspoken dickhead who brings flamethrowers to fist fights.

The ‘nobody sensible’ argument is nonsense and you must know that, as he does routinely deliver big numbers, big gates. We can’t pretend he’s this useless shithead who no one likes who’s just there on favouritism alone.

He’s not Austin Theory.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Apologies if it's already been posted and I didn't see it, but numerous sourced have said that Punk threw the first punch and THAT ACE STEEL THREW A CHAIR AT NICK AND BIT KENNY OMEGA. Aside from possibly taking the whole "in Chicago we kill the weak and eat them" too far he's got to be done, right? Can't imagine things between the bucks and punk being better after that.

Edited by Duke

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Punk's had an amazing run in AEW. Great matches, great promos, great feuds.

If it came down to keeping him or The Elite though? See ya, Phil.

Surely we can all see they’re clearly awful pricks too? They ooze snide comments, passive aggression and in-jokes.

It’s the least surprising thing in the world they don’t get along with dour old Punk.

If we’re going run for run, though, I’m keeping Punk. Nothings kept me locked in in wrestling in the last decade quite like MJF/Punk.

I've only just read what happened here. If it's not a work the Khan needs to grow some balls and start kicking people's arse. The way he responded I that media scrum was pathetic. For all his faults I can't ever imagine McMahon tolerating any of that shit in public. 

Punk needs to wind his neck in. The others need to know their places too. I find people like Punk always name everyone else, but he is the key denominator w every sour relationship he's ever had w employers. Have problems w one company. Fine maybe it's an issue w the promoter. Once you start having multiple issues I'd suggest he reflect a bit..

Khan needs to simply say "if you fuck w me or my company, you're done. Fights? No. Not ok. Taking liberties? No chance. You're fired if you fuck w me".but then he must follow through. That or fine them. A month's pay if they mess around.. they will learn

Ultimately, he's done damage to his own brand here. It'll be fascinating to see how people react to him on Wednesday, and subsequently how he reacts to that. I can't imagine that he won't be suspended if all of this is true, perhaps after dropping the title to someone at Arthur Ashe. 

1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

I've only just read what happened here. If it's not a work the Khan needs to grow some balls and start kicking people's arse. The way he responded I that media scrum was pathetic. For all his faults I can't ever imagine McMahon tolerating any of that shit in public. 

Oh come on, what is anyone supposed to do in that situation? Bollocking him in public would be a bad idea, and in itself would have been inappropriate, particularly if The Bucks really had leaked false stories about Punk. It's the kind of thing that needed to be managed in private, unfortunately it boiled over before that could happen. And let's not give Vince more credit than he's due here. Yes, he was good at keeping that kind of thing out of the public eye - but he didn't do press conferences. But we know that kind of thing happened - Jericho fighting Goldberg, Booker T and Batista, the plane ride from hell. In addition, Vince was a known bully who thrived on the humiliation of others. WWE hasn't been immune from this. 

12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The only clear answer to all this turmoil is bringing back Brawl for All. Settle it properly.

Who is our money on there? I've got Santana and Daniel Garcia as dark horses. 

They should honestly just do this as a work and have Hager tear through it, give him something to do. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK