4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

On a side note just to compare the two main shows this weekend. All Out ended with MJF showing up on the entrance way. Clash at the Castle ended with a sing song by all round problematic Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre. We know who won the weekend.

The fans who got to enjoy a LOT of good wrestling this weekend?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

One of the most overrated performers of all time who carried a hugely over achieving career off the back of being handed an absolute golden envelope with the original "pipe bomb" promo.

I'm sorry, are you actually suggesting over achieving is a bad thing?

It's interesting that some of you are comparing this to Hart and Michaels in 97. To me this is more like Scott Steiner in 2000 when he was ranting that WCW sucked. Except Steiner was entertaining. And at least he was drugged out of his mind where as Punk's just being Punk.

Has Punk ever made somebody else look like a star? Genuine question. Cena and Vince made Punk look like the coolest man in the world, even though he clearly isn't. Punk killed Ryback in their Hell in a Cell match. Even with the result, Punk could have bumped all over the place to help Ryback but he didn't. In Punk's first match in AEW he faced the hottest star in the company and beat him. Sure, you can argue that he's just following the booking but he's meant to be this great rebellious wrestling mind. 

The post match press conferences are a stupid idea anyway. 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

When? Genuine question. Dynamite would get bumped by the network which is why it’s now on TBS. Rampage gets bumped because of sporting events on TNT.

On a side note just to compare the two main shows this weekend. All Out ended with MJF showing up on the entrance way. Clash at the Castle ended with a sing song by all round problematic Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre. We know who won the weekend.

One company got paid several million pounds to put on a house show and made it feel like it meant something, and got everyone into it, and had the normal house show send everyone home happy finish, another company had a marvellous pay per view, with a surprise finish. 

Wrestling won this weekend, and it’s fans won even more so. The only losers are you and anyone who reads your posts on the matter.

Honestly, a sold show which was promoted so well it becomes a real real real big show, a great PPV from their rivals, absolutely superb matches across two fucking days. When has there ever been two big shows by two US massive companies in two days over a weekend? A super duper weekend of wrestling. Stop being a pipe.

Edited by Butch2000

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

One company got paid several million pounds to put on a house show and made it feel like it meant something, and got everyone into it, and had the normal house show send everyone home happy finish, another company had a marvellous pay per view, with a surprise finish. 

Wrestling won this weekend, and it’s fans won even more so. The only losers are you and anyone who reads your posts on the matter.

Honestly, a sold show which was promoted so well it becomes a real real real big show, a great PPV from their rivals, absolutely superb matches across two fucking days. When has there ever been two big shows by two US massive companies in two days over a weekend? A super duper weekend of wrestling. Stop being a pipe.

You absolutely took my comment far more seriously then I did. Multiple times this weekend AEW mentioned they drew their third million drawing show in a row and I kept thinking WWE would have done more then that in merch.

of course the real winners were fans. Either of one or both promotions. AEW put on a far better show, in my opinion,  and whilst I think they made some baffling decisions, WWE put on two pretty enjoyable shows, especially after the dross they have been putting on for years. Id argue that after a good decade of declining products, we now have multiple companies putting out decent content, and for that we should all be glad.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

Fair enough, still. AEW should have had Kushida with the MCMG instead of Lethal.

Time Machine rule.

I only saw Kushida and Shelley team up once, and they were great. I really should try and watch more Impact. Reading the thread about it does make it seem a good watch.

At this point most of this hasn't made TV. As long as it can stay off the air then it's not a problem. If TK starts booking with it in mind, then we're in WCW territory.

If fan reactions force their hand it's more like Edge and Lita having to pair up because the fans knew better. They'll have to lean into the CM Punk as a heel. It was the chants of Colt Cabana that got Punk to take the shot at the fan on Dynamite. The growing Colt Cabana chatter has clearly gotten under this skin as going by those at the Press Conference he was the one that instigated it. Picking out someone he knew had links to Colt to set up what he wanted to get off his chest.