I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that your hero Pip Brooks turned out to be a massive, company damaging, arrogant piece of shit.

Everything Eddie Kingston in that cracking promo against Punk is true.  

"Nobody wants you here they never wanted you here. The whole locker rooms afraid to say it, not me. So get out "

AEW doesn't need Punk - they have an absolutely fantastic roster of hungry talent who generally are all pulling in the same direction.  They don't need an overrated diva riling up the locker room and shitting on his opponents the way he does, not a kayfabe way but a legit wanker way.   He's just not worth it, they'll be fine without him, and honestly he seemed happier retired.

They should have left the belt on Moxley after he replicated Punk's UFC career the other week.

Edited by Loki

Been reading and watching so much stuff to do with the press conference day. I'm sure it's not a work now. Imagine being Tony having MJF's grand return and all everyone is talking about the next day is Punk being a cunt. You'd have to be the worst booker ever to screw yourself like that. The headlines should have been all about how glorious that return was and another decent PPV. But all of the trends are about Punk and the Bucks and TK. It might end up being worked into the product but there's no way this was intended. I genuinely don't know where they'll go from here.

19 minutes ago, Loki said:

AEW doesn't need Punk

I think this part is fair enough. It's not even a benefit of hindsight situation. Other than selling out the United Center on a rumour. There isn't a great deal that would have been missed. Danielson came in and got the main event spot early with Omega and Hangman. Adam Cole covered the more modern niche online fan from the NXT days.

Eddie / MJF / Hangman feuds need replaced but could have been done. Eddie could have won a feud for a change, MJF/Wardlow maybe pulls the trigger earlier, Hangman isn't overshadowed heading into Double or Nothing.

We can all blame Danhausen! His reverse curse in giving Punk boots that fit properly has been an actual curse on all the Punk haters. As his foot would have crumbled into bits otherwise.

• Paid Members

This is the first time I've seen this clip from the presser and I'm not sure if this is before or after the Punk thing so he could be a little rattled off the back of it, but it seems like he's losing it. Apparently, he's not happy with the amount of shows being run this weekend all over the place.

2 minutes ago, Nick James said:

This is the first time I've seen this clip from the presser and I'm not sure if this is before or after the Punk thing so he could be a little rattled off the back of it, but it seems like he's losing it. Apparently, he's not happy with the amount of shows being run this weekend all over the place.

Christ he looks unhinged at the end. Looking around

11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

It's at the very end of the press conference. By which point he's had to sit there through all of it and been told about the fight backstage. He was asked how this year might compare to last year in terms of buys.  Part of the response that was clipped was that they were the first show Labor Day weekend last year and were the 3rd show Labor Day weekend by that point (Clash and Worlds Collide). It's purely about the WWE. Which is where JCP kind of comes into with Survivor Series going against Starrcade and the like.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members

I've not watched the whole thing, so it's easy to see how things can be manipulated through small clips and soundbites. Not sure the money line needed saying, but it's understandable how frustrating and dejected he looks.

He should have called time on the whole thing after Punk went on his tirade or let Jericho take over and excused himself. The man is running himself ridiculously thin, it's not healthy. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Honestly he can fuck off with that bollocks.

I think its 2 or 3 times now that Impact have long scheduled PPV/Impact + specials only for AEW to suddenly set up Battle of the Belts of whatever shows directly opposed on free TV and force them to move to worse dates and/or start times. He hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Honestly he can fuck off with that bollocks.

I think its 2 or 3 times now that Impact have long scheduled PPV/Impact + specials only for AEW to suddenly set up new shows directly opposed on free TV and force them to move dates and/or start times. He hasn't got a leg to stand on.

When? Genuine question. Dynamite would get bumped by the network which is why it’s now on TBS. Rampage gets bumped because of sporting events on TNT.

On a side note just to compare the two main shows this weekend. All Out ended with MJF showing up on the entrance way. Clash at the Castle ended with a sing song by all round problematic Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre. We know who won the weekend.