27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

A typical AEW problem for this show is there was a lot of repetition of key spots, and spots with narrative significance too.

The Trios and Tag Title matches both had a result stemming from someone accidentally hitting their partner, while Jericho/Bryan and Punk/Moxley both featured the non-BCC member doing the BCC signature elbow strike spot, as well as Punk nicking Danielson's stomps 

Oh yeah, and weren't there THREE matches with someone getting spat on? Outrageous. 

Pre show was fun I thought. 

2022 Al Snow and Head is probably the best use of Kip. 

HOOK was great. 

Mixed tag worked much better this time since they just gave up on the actual rules and basically became a watered down intergender match.

Eddie Vs. Ishii was a really fun fight. 

Satnam Singh is obviously going nowhere. Couldn't throw a decent punch and then dropped by a couple of belt shots. 

Get shot of him.

Enjoyed MCMG's heeling it up and Dutt was the perfect guy for the post match fun. 

House of Black match was fun but could have easily been a Dynamite main event.

Tag and Trios title matches were big highlights of the show.

Both women's matches were fine. 

Main event was really good. 

In closing a typical AEW PPV. Lots of good wrestling, some nice moments and of course too long. 

• Paid Members

One thing that's been totally lost that I think deserves a mention, is how much better Alex Reynolds looks with a beard. It absolutely makes him. He looks a lot less like a jobber with that full on, grown ass man, proper beard going on. 

• Paid Members
Just now, WeeAl said:

One thing that's been totally lost that I think deserves a mention, is how much better Alex Reynolds looks with a beard. It absolutely makes him. He looks a lot less like a jobber with that full on, grown ass man, proper beard going on. 

He reminded me of James Storm, which of course is also what happened when he started to get over.

18 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Takes away from his mills and boon cover star appeal for me. Suppose there is a gap in the wrestling market for long dark hair and beards now nxt UK is in the bin 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

A typical AEW problem for this show is there was a lot of repetition of key spots, and spots with narrative significance too.

The Trios and Tag Title matches both had a result stemming from someone accidentally hitting their partner, while Jericho/Bryan and Punk/Moxley both featured the non-BCC member doing the BCC signature elbow strike spot, as well as Punk nicking Danielson's stomps 

Wasn't there tombstone piledrivers in back to back matches too?

Alex Reynolds is a proper great hand who gets overlooked a tad due to John Silver existing. But he's great, he's the type of person you do keep on board over the Bobby 'I'll have you in MMA' Fish. Love Reynolds, loads of time for him. HI ALEX, LOVE THE BEARD! GIVES ME SOMETHING TO HANG ON TOO. 

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Alex Reynolds is a proper great hand who gets overlooked a tad due to John Silver existing. But he's great, he's the type of person you do keep on board over the Bobby 'I'll have you in MMA' Fish. Love Reynolds, loads of time for him. HI ALEX, LOVE THE BEARD! GIVES ME SOMETHING TO HANG ON TOO. 

They are both really credible. Put them in with anyone and you believe the near falls could be it 

• Paid Members

Seeing Danielson mentioned in the other thread reminded me of how much his stock has fallen from last year. Even from the start of this year. He loses too much. They need to get him back on TV, two matches a week and start stringing some solid wins together to wash the sour taste of that Jericho match away.

It also wouldn't go amiss if he stopped trying to straddle the face/heel divide. He too often comes across as pompous, considering he is supposed to be in a face group. 

It reminds me as well that I don't like his music but dislike it even more after the live PPV performance. It's pretty poor. We're so far away from what he was at Arthur Ashe Vs Omega. It's not impossible to get it back, but there's serious rehab to be done here. 

Edited by WeeAl

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

Seeing Danielson mentioned in the other thread reminded me of how much his stock has fallen from last year. Even from the start of this year. He loses too much. They need to get him back on TV, two matches a week and start stringing some solid wins together to wash the sour taste of that Jericho match away.

It also wouldn't go amiss if he stopped trying to straddle the face/heel divide. He too often comes across as pompous, considering he is supposed to be in a face group. 

It reminds me as well that I don't like his music but dislike it even more after the live PPV performance. It's pretty poor. We're so far away from what he was at Arthur Ashe Vs Omega. It's not impossible to get it back, but there's serious rehab to be done here. 

I never really understand the presentation of Danielson, but I didn't in WWE either and he's been hugely successful in both.

It often feels like he's working a tough-guy gimmick, but for me personally, he just doesn't LOOK tough.  He's not that big, he's not built, and he's not got the bruiser look of a Moxley even.  What he does have is a smirk that really breaks kayfabe for me - like he's smirking at the ridiculousness of pro wrestling generally.  It's like he doesn't take it seriously, so I don't either.

Bell to bell he's fantastic and I love watching him.  But as a character... I dunno, "rilly good rassler " only works if you look like Benoit, like you'd murder your wife and children for a main event.

Edit: my new computer insists on changing all my spelling after I type, so Moxley becomes Motley and Chippy becomes chippie. :(

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Danielson comes out the heel tunnel. He’s never been portrayed as a face. 

I'm not sure it's doing a lot of good then that Moxley, Regal, Yuta and Claudio are all clearly faces and Bryan is the odd man out in that  case.