Double or Nothing 2022

Infinity Land

57 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I believe Real Madrid won the Champions League last night. Is that equating belief to fact?

No, that's actually a fact. I don't typically use emojis, but 🤦‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

If you don't believe 90% of talking about wrestling is done on the internet, then what % of your talking about wrestling isn't done on the internet or people you met on the internet discussing wrestling and now talk about it with via alternative means.

When Undertaker lost to Brock at Wrestlemania not a single person in the real world messaged or spoke to me about it as big news. How many people outwith the wrestling bubble do you think are talking about this, not on the internet/social media?

You can believe as hard as you want,  it doesn't make it true.

This isn't the quality comeback that you think it is. 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I'm finding this increasingly easy to believe as this discussion goes on.

Someone called me a crazy conspiracy theorist for pointing out that leaking a vague story via media outlets that are friends with the promoter of a show regarding a wrestler whose storyline revolved around doing everything he could to avoid a physical confrontation with another wrestler now allegedly booking a flight out of town and not doing the match was a blatant work, especially given its created so much online buzz about the event in the wake of a high profile NBA series going to game 7 on the same night of the show.

I took exception to being called a crazy conapiracy theorist especially since I've not said anything whatoever controverial or crazy and particularly when we've had people saying maybe Goldberg will show up.

Now there's you casually wading in to cast aspersions about my life which for all you know could be hugely traumatic or effective to me (they're not) because you don't agree about a meaningless opinion I have about a pretend fight.

You must be a really cool guy with LOADS of mates though I wish I was more like you.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

This is the most iconic image in the history of pro-wrestling.

No matter what this company ever does, good or bad, I'll forever be grateful that it introduced me to Eddie Kingston. He's the greatest. I'll never forget that sound of 14,000+ people audibly gasping at this sight, as they collectively realise they're in a real-life horror film, not a single shred of doubt in anyone's mind that this nutter is gonna kill someone. Incredible.

The show over-delivered. I had a mostly great time with it. Adam Cole and Britt Baker can get in the bin, and Jeff Hardy is genuinely uncomfortable to watch nowadays, but otherwise almost every match was good to great and it was paced far better than usual. Despite going longer and having more matches than ever, I didn't feel the fatigue anywhere near as much as I have done previously. Maybe there's something to be said for rushing through the shit in the middle of the show, before delivering all the good stuff at the end.

Hookhausen was great. They should go for the tag belts.

Fair play to MJF. If this is the end of him in AEW then he did business perfectly. The opener was absolutely everything it needed to be and Wardlow with music on Wednesday is going to be amazing. I don't even want to discuss whether anyone still thinks this has been a work. Fuck off.

Of everything the Young Bucks have done in AEW, I think their ability to carry the Hardy Boys to a match of that standard is their greatest achievement. What the hell was wrong with Jeff?! He seemed legitimately fucked up on pills or booze, seemingly sobering up as the match went on. Poor Matt looked so sad watching him run around the arena like a idiot after they got the win. He's a liability and can't be long for this company. If not this world. Lad needs help. Seriously.

The Acclaimed and the Ass Boys are brilliant. What a great bunch of idiots.

The tournaments themselves were a bit crap, but as an addendum to the Owen episode of Dark Side of the Ring that speech by Martha was really lovely and felt like happy closure. I like when nice things happen in pro-wrestling. Shame it's so rare.

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Darby Allin was fantastic. It was the last thing I wanted to see on this PPV but then ended up being one of the best parts! More of these lads beating the shit out of each other, please.

Anarchy in the Arena is the match of the year by far and nothing else comes close. I was smiling from ear to ear throughout. So much fun. Five stars. I cannot wait for the Blood and Guts rematch.

Botched Buckshots aside, I thought the main event was great and I'm very happy with the result. Hangman costing himself the match is the most interesting thing he's done since the Danielson matches and it made sense to get the belt on Punk whilst he can still go. The heel turn still feels like it's coming. And then Eddie Kingston can eventually dethrone Punk because - and I can't stress this enough, Eddie Kingston is the fucking best. Seek out the promo he cut on the Buy In. Jesus Christ. The man is an absolute treasure.

Edited by Supremo