Double or Nothing 2022

Infinity Land

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Double_or_Nothing_2022_Poster_AEW.jpg

Next Sunday AEW returns to Las Vegas for Double or Nothing. Just a reminder in case anyone is caught out. Because of the Platinum Jubilee, the last Monday in May won't be a Bank Holiday.

After Rampage the card is looking set. Just the remaining Owen finalists to be decided, MJF v. Wardlow to be made "official". Maybe another Buy-In match to be added.

1. AEW World Championship: Hangman Page (c) v. CM Punk
  2. AEW Women's World Championship: Thunder Rosa (c) v. Serena Deeb
  3. AEW World Tag Team Championship: Jurassic Express (c) v. Team Taz v. Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland
  4. TBS Championship: Jade Cargill (c) v. Anna Jay
  5. Men's Owen Hart Cup Final: Adam Cole v. Samoa Joe/Kyle O'Reilly
  6. Women's Owen Hart Cup Final: Britt Baker/Toni Storm v. Kris Statlander/Ruby Soho
  7. MJF v. Wardlow
  8. Anarchy in the Arena: Jericho Appreciation Society v. Eddie Kingston, Proud & Powerful, BCC
  9. House of Black v. Death Triangle
  10. The Hardys v. The Young Bucks
  11. Buy-In: HOOKhausen v. Tony Nese & Mark Sterling

9 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Wrestling on Dynamite defending the RoH tag titles against Roppongi Vice.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. And with good reason probably, who gives a shit about Roopongi Vice.

Suppose as well it’s an idea to keep them off this show then build towards something at Forbidden Door 4 weeks later

• Paid Members

I get that the Hardys vs. Young Bucks match is a dream match, and given the shape of Matt and Jeff you're better doing it now rather than later, but I can't be the only one who came out of Wednesday's show far more excited by a Young Bucks vs. Sting and Darby match. That's the money. Matt and Nick throwing themselves around whilst Sting no-sells everything.

22 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I get that the Hardys vs. Young Bucks match is a dream match, and given the shape of Matt and Jeff you're better doing it now rather than later, but I can't be the only one who came out of Wednesday's show far more excited by a Young Bucks vs. Sting and Darby match. That's the money. Matt and Nick throwing themselves around whilst Sting no-sells everything.

Young bucks have tweeted that they will have something big for the California shows. Probably that 

I knew they'd put together a card I wanted to watch, which is why I booked the Monday after off weeks ago. But, yet again, it looks like they're going to have too many matches on the main show. I know it's weird to complain about getting more matches for your money but every PPV they have, as much as I enjoy them, they are also overlong and I find myself burnt out 2-3 hours in.

• Paid Members

Certainly the weakest looking Double or Nothing. The build for everything bar MJF vs Wardlow has been pretty poor or rushed. There’s at least 3 matches I’d take off the card altogether and at least 5 I don’t care about.

Like I said in the Dynamite thread, this “season” of AEW has been a real low point. I fear not just because of the quality of the storylines and feuds currently but the fact we’re only a few years into the company and we’re already repeating storylines (10 lashes), special matches like Battle Royals and Ladder matches have been done to death, and they’ve done so many surprise debuts now nobody lives up to the hype anymore. The two jokers on Dynamite were really crap.

The huge influx of (mostly NXT) talent is smothering the brand too. There’s so many of the original AEW talent now they’ve killed builds for, relegated to Dark or are just not doing anything with just so the likes of Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, Adam Cole and ReDragon can dominate every minute of Dynamite. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Samoa Joe v. Adam Cole

or

Adam Cole v. Kyle O'Reilly

Samoa Joe v. Jay Lethal

I know which i'd prefer. I don't think they would try and shoehorn in Joe/Lethal if Joe loses his semi.

Lethal being on a show would make me lose a semi as well.

It's definitely the least interested I've felt in an AEW show in a while.. and actually AEW in general if I'm honest. I've not felt like Dynamite has been must-watch for a while for me so I've been dipping in and out. So yeah, low anticipation levels for this one unfortunately but sometimes those are the ones that surprise me.