Double or Nothing 2022

Infinity Land

8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's got to be a work. They've seen people worrying about how many matches are on the card and how long the show is going to be, and they've been champing at the bit to see Wardlow get his hands on MJF. Just because he's booked the flight, doesn't mean he's on it. They're hoping people are going down the "Is MJF going to turn up?" route and that it might shift a few more PPV buys off the back of the intrigue.

There’s no way they’d do it for that reason. Any difference made to the buy rate would be negligible, and very possibly offset by people who don’t order, as that’s the match they wanted to see.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

It's been made abundantly clear that MJF doesn't want to have the match with Wardlow. Has he oddicially released Wardlow from his contract? Could the angle be that he's booked the flight and ordered Wardlow to go home?

It's a work. 100%.

Sapp and Meltzer are on TK's payroll and will write vague stuff from "sources" supporting whatever narrative or story they're told to by TK.

MJF will be there and the match will go ahead. 

Whether it will generate more buys or not I don't know but I also wonder whether Boston Celtic's v Miami Heat going to game 7 tonight has made them think they needed or wanted to do something to create some extra buzz?

Edited by Jonny Vegas

6 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It's a work. 100%.

Sapp and Meltzer are on TK's payroll and will write vague stuff from "sources" supporting whatever narrative or story they're told to by TK.

MJF will be there and the match will go ahead. 

Whether it will generate more buys or not I don't know but I also wonder whether Boston Celtic's v Miami Heat going to game 7 tonight has made them think they needed or wanted to do something to create some extra buzz?

That was actually one of the most accurate impressions of those psycho conspiracy theorist Twitter wrestling fans I've seen on here. Well done.

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That was actually one of the most accurate impressions of those psycho conspiracy theorist Twitter wrestling fans I've seen on here. Well done.

Well, we will wait and see come tomorrow morning whether I'm a "psycho conspiracy theorist" or whether as I said, the match will go ahead and it's been a blatant work.

It's 2022 and you're believing a "wrestling journalist" who hangs out with guys on the AEW roster because he said someone bought a plane ticket for MJF but he doesn't know who. 🤣

1 minute ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Well, we will wait and see come tomorrow morning whether I'm a "psycho conspiracy theorist" or whether as I said, the match will go ahead and it's been a blatant work.

It's 2022 and you're believing a "wrestling journalist" who hangs out with guys on the AEW roster because he said someone bought a plane ticket for MJF but he doesn't know who. 🤣

So if the match goes ahead, that means all this was a work? No other options?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

He also didn’t turn up to a scheduled ticketed signing.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He also didn’t turn up to a scheduled ticketed signing.

Have you ever seen how he behaves at the ones he does attend? He signs autographs with offensive phrases, speaks to people like they're a piece of shit and lives the gimmick during it.

This entire thing is the most obvious work.

Whether it makes any sense to have done so is another matter completely but it doesn't change it being a work.

3 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Have you ever seen how he behaves at the ones he does attend? He signs autographs with offensive phrases, speaks to people like they're a piece of shit and lives the gimmick during it.

Yeah. He turns up and gives people what they want, what they've paid for and what he's been advertised for. He sends people away happy. Tony allows him to do so because he knows what they want too.

So yeah. They've definitely decided one random time that it'd be great business to just bait and switch and fuck all the fans off for a bit of online discussion. Definitely.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They've definitely decided one random time that it'd be great business to just bait and switch and fuck all the fans off for a bit of online discussion. Definitely.

It's working

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah. He turns up and gives people what they want, what they've paid for and what he's been advertised for. He sends people away happy. Tony allows him to do so because he knows what they want too.

So yeah. They've definitely decided one random time that it'd be great business to just bait and switch and fuck all the fans off for a bit of online discussion. Definitely.

I've already clearly said whether it makes sense to do what they've done or not is another question.

Spoiled brat MJF throwing his toys out the pram and no showing an appearance is totally in line with what his character would do. This isn't their top baby face doing it.

AEW don't have a casual fanbase it's nearly exclusively internet fans. Twitter is trending with people discussing it and I'm sure all sorts of message boards are. Its created extra discussion about the show in the wake of strong competition for viewers with a big NBA game on.

Whether it does result in more actual buys, who knows. However I would argue that nobody who was going to watch it now wont due to a vague internet rumour and MAYBE some who weren't going to watch it do so, to see what happens.

You are going to lose your shit when you find out the Undertaker and Kane aren't actually brothers.

Edited by Jonny Vegas