Double or Nothing 2022

Infinity Land

• Paid Members

So if MJF isn't on the card, what would you all have Wardlow do? Meltzer suggests have him win the belt. I wouldn't do that, but I agree with whoever mentioned getting him involved in the TNT title situation. Have him go out there and wreck the lot of them and win that belt instead. 

4 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

So if MJF isn't on the card, what would you all have Wardlow do? Meltzer suggests have him win the belt. I wouldn't do that, but I agree with whoever mentioned getting him involved in the TNT title situation. Have him go out there and wreck the lot of them and win that belt instead. 

Tough call. A push right to the belt like that can be pretty damaging if the crowd isn't 100% behind it. His run has been booked pretty perfectly right now so it'd be a shame if they had to do some hot shot shit to end it rather than what he really needs which is a proper end with MJF. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I'm confused. How would they book him to win the belt tonight?

"MJF has no showed, Wardlow was booked to compete on the second biggest (first in my eyes but anyway) match on the card. We're inserting him into the main event". Pretty simple. Not what I'd do, but easy to get there. 

9 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I'm confused. How would they book him to win the belt tonight?

Wrestlemania 9 it and then just burn it all down on Dynamite. 

A idea, not that I want it or its good. Just answers your query 😂 

• Paid Members

Posted in the wrong thread, was meant to be in the TK twat thread.

Edit: Knowing how petty Tony can be, I would love to see him come out and sign Wardlow to a contract on account of MJF no showing, and saying that his contract is for $1 more than MJF gets.

Edited by Nick James

9 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Posted in the wrong thread, was meant to be in the TK twat thread.

Edit: Knowing how petty Tony can be, I would love to see him come out and sign Wardlow to a contract on account of MJF no showing, and saying that his contract is for $1 more than MJF gets.

Is that petty. If he actually does walk though. 

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Things will look more and more untenable with MJF right up until deadline, and then he'll sign the biggest deal AEW have ever given anyone after WWE gets involved and bumps that dollar figure through the sky. MJF going to WWE would be a disaster for him and also for AEW. WWE need to think he would realistically consider going to them, for him to milk them of as much as he wants to. 'Unhappy MJF' works for that.

Firstly, whether it would be or whether it wouldn’t be is irrelevant- the only thing that matters is whether or not he thinks it would be. Perhaps he has an ambition to appear at Wrestlemania, or to wrestle a John Cena or Roman Reigns, or to hold the WWE title. Perhaps he thinks he’s earned the right for a pay bump without an extension just yet, and feels hard done by, or insulted by a perception of Tony Khan not trusting him. 

Secondly, would it really be a disaster for him in WWE? Frankly, there’s not much competition there at the moment, and if he plays his cards right (which he isn’t really doing), he could surely negotiate a very favourable contract, probably more than he’d get in AEW. 

2 hours ago, Louch said:

But anyway, MJF not appearing at a signing is gonna turn fans off wrestling 

That’s not really an argument in favour of doing that, though. 

That said, here’s an out there scenario that feasibly could make sense, though I don’t think it’s likely. They pull the Wardlow match, and the announcers claim that MJF has gone AWOL. As a result, he’s forfeited the match and Wardlow is ‘all elite’.

The main event takes place, Punk wins, then MJF’s music hits. He says that he has bigger fish to fry than Wardlow tonight, and reveals that he’s signed a new long-term contract, and as part of the negotiations, not only did he want to become the highest paid AEW wrestler, he also wanted a guaranteed shot at the AEW title at a time of his choosing. And since he vowed to hand Punk the most embarrassing loss of his career next time they faced off, that time is now. He beats Punk quickly, and is the new champion.

I’d imagine fans in attendance would be more than forgiving if something like that went down.

But…I don’t think it will. I’m throwing it out there on the off chance it does, and I look ahead of the curve.

• Paid Members

It's got to be a work. They've seen people worrying about how many matches are on the card and how long the show is going to be, and they've been champing at the bit to see Wardlow get his hands on MJF. Just because he's booked the flight, doesn't mean he's on it. They're hoping people are going down the "Is MJF going to turn up?" route and that it might shift a few more PPV buys off the back of the intrigue.