Double or Nothing 2022

Infinity Land

4 minutes ago, Duke said:

Except they might decide to not go back next time. It would really be a terrible idea to do this as a work. Some people might not buy DON because they've heard MJF won't be there. Not many, but it's still the opposite of what an angle does.

It makes no business sense to be a work. WON has multiple sources that it's not a work. It's not a work.

MJF will hopefully end up wrestling tonight. If he does, it doesn't mean it was a work.

it feels, mostly, like a Jeff Jarrett situation where he thinks he's got them over a barrel and is using it to leverage for loads more money because he's the biggest draw for tonight. How TK handles it will show how much he's a proper owner and how much he's a money mark.

Also, ripped off doesn’t just mean the cost of admission. Who’s to say people haven’t booked time off work, babysitters or whatever?

Maybe they booked travel. It’s all fucking harsh if it’s a work.

Let’s not be ‘wrestling’ about everything… it’s entertainment, show business and the golden rule should be don’t fuck your fans about like that.

The good money is on this not being a work but being turned into one by tonight. MJF has probably picked the absolute best time to play hard ball as well, as they’ve never needed him more.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

MJF has probably picked the absolute best time to play hard ball as well, as they’ve never needed him more

Has he though? His contract is til 2024, Tony could tell him to fuck off and stay at home til then and by that time his negotiating power will be zero. Surely the time to play hardball is when your contract is coming up? This tactic (if it is a tactic) is negotiating in bad faith which doesn't help anyone.

• Paid Members

i understand not wanting to piss fans off like that, but am I right in thinking the MJF appearence was part of a fanfest? it wasn't purely an event involving just MJF?

Regardless of whether its a work or shoot (and based on my limited knowledge of the whole thing im leaning work) its got me interested to tune in and see what happens and i wouldn't have usually.

19 minutes ago, Duke said:

Except they might decide to not go back next time. It would really be a terrible idea to do this as a work. Some people might not buy DON because they've heard MJF won't be there. Not many, but it's still the opposite of what an angle does.

It makes no business sense to be a work. WON has multiple sources that it's not a work. It's not a work.

MJF will hopefully end up wrestling tonight. If he does, it doesn't mean it was a work.

it feels, mostly, like a Jeff Jarrett situation where he thinks he's got them over a barrel and is using it to leverage for loads more money because he's the biggest draw for tonight. How TK handles it will show how much he's a proper owner and how much he's a money mark.

Wrestling fans are quite well known for not going back to things that have let them down…..yeah that argument holds up . Fall for it all you want, not for me Clive. 

• Paid Members

This is the most interesting thing thats happened in this build to Double or Nothing and the only thing close is the MJF / Wardlow build.

Imagine now having to sit through a 15 hour show to see if MJF turns up or not.

4 minutes ago, Louch said:

Wrestling fans are quite well known for not going back to things that have let them down…..yeah that argument holds up . Fall for it all you want, not for me Clive. 

There are plenty of ways of working the fans that don't involve messing with them in terms of having paid their money to get something that was never intended to be delivered in the first place. That's not a work. That's just false advertising and fucking with your fans. And anyway, it's less about what I believe and more about the fact that if it IS a work, they absolutely shouldn't be doing it in that situation. There's no need whatsoever to fuck with peoples money etc.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Louch said:

Good grief.

11 minutes ago, Duke said:

Good grief.

All the times wwe have done it and they still sell out stadiums. A few fans given refunds at a meet and greet isn’t gonna destroy anyones business. Take a step back and look at how things really go in wrestling 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Louch said:

All the times wwe have done it and they still sell out stadiums. A few fans given refunds at a meet and greet isn’t gonna destroy anyones business. Take a step back and look at how things really go in wrestling 

They literally just moved Money in the Bank from a stadium to an arena. The UK Stadium show I believe has sold around 50k tickets. So we’ll over half. Summerslam 92 sold out in minutes. Hotter period, sure, but they expected a 1 day sell out.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Just to be clear, your argument is that WWE haven't turned off fans by treating the fans badly.

I say again, good grief.

9 minutes ago, Duke said:

Just to be clear, your argument is that WWE haven't turned off fans by treating the fans badly.

I say again, good grief.

It’s not an argument, it’s just how it is. It takes a tremendous amount to put wrestling fans off going to shows or parting with money. Refunding a few fans at a meet and great isn’t worth this proportion of response. Chill out 

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They literally just moved Money in the Bank from a stadium to an arena. The UK Stadium show I believe has sold around 50k tickets. So we’ll over half. Summerslam 92 sold out in minutes. Hotter period, sure, but they expected a 1 day sell out.

Rumble, two nights of mania, summerslam all stadium shows that did/ on track to do great business just this year. A b show in one was a mistake and they acted on it, 50k isn’t a failure for the uk show, I’m surprised at seeing a lotta lapsed wwe fans who are going to it. Main blocker for that seems to be lack of travel/hotel availability around Cardiff for a lotta people. A London show would likely be close to sold out. But anyway, MJF not appearing at a signing is gonna turn fans off wrestling 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Louch said:

It’s not an argument, it’s just how it is. It takes a tremendous amount to put wrestling fans off going to shows or parting with money. Refunding a few fans at a meet and great isn’t worth this proportion of response. Chill out 

This is honestly the level of discussion I'd expect on Facebook.