What feels like a crime, but isn't a crime?

Nick James

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, air_raid said:

I had a couple of mates at uni who I’d go to their nearest newsagents and bring rhythm magazines back for them because they had a weird psychological block against letting a total stranger know they were going home for a tug whereas I didn’t give a shit.

I had to buy my own Power Slam though, bastards.

In my younger years, I would walk fucking miles to buy my filth from a newsagent or petrol station to reduce the chance of being recognised. In hindsight, this was pretty stupid as it's not like everyone I knew lived within a half mile radius of my house.

I was once purchasing such material from the appropriately named Howard News (which had an incredible selection on a top shelf that ran pretty much the entire length of the shop). I'd wasted time browsing the packs of playing cards until I was the only one in the shop, and then swiftly grabbed a magazine and headed for the counter. In that 4 metre stretch, the shopkeeper decided to walk through the door at the side of the counter, and be replaced by a young lady that was a) probably his daughter, and b) probably one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life.

I probably resembled a court artist's sketch of someone facing sentencing as I mumbled that she could keep the change.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, air_raid said:

Passing through a shop in a centre/mall purely because it’s your nearest escalator.

TK Maxx and Aldi in the Arndale are prime examples of this. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Came to post the exact same thing!!

Next if you're coming from Victoria/Deansgate.

• Paid Members

There used to be a TJ Hughes in the precinct in Blackburn that was good for getting downstairs without having to traipse round to the actual stairs. 

• Paid Members

Leaving your ringtone on at full volume in any public place. 

Cycling on the road beside a cycle path. 

Pedestrians in groups taking up all of the path and failing to leave any room for others coming the opposite direction, or another pedestrian coming past them from behind. 

Parking at the first fuel pump in a line if the one in front is also available.

Royal Mail during peak Covid times. Leaving a 'sorry we missed you' notice in the letter box, telling you to collect your parcel at the depo. Fair enough. Not fair enough whenever 'due to covid' your sorting office is only open from 7am-9am. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Cycling on the road beside a cycle path. 

Off topic but it's become common for me to cycle home and people are walking in the cycle lane. I'll go around or ring if I can't safely yet a surprising number seem shocked and occasionally upset there's someone cycling.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Parking at the first fuel pump in a line if the one in front is also available.

Actually flabbergasted that people do this. The fuel pump at the front is the most desirable spot , so why not park there if it's available? Weird cunts.