Wrestling Entertainment Series

The Reverend

• Paid Members

Wonder why Ellering had lengthy periods away from wrestling, only to return and sully his legacy with first DOA then decades later, AOP? He's an odd fellow.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Wonder why Ellering had lengthy periods away from wrestling, only to return and sully his legacy with first DOA then decades later, AOP? He's an odd fellow.

In terms of coming back for AOP, they debuted around the time Rachel Ellering started wrestling, so it may be that he went back to wrestling to try and eventually help his daughter get noticed. 

The other possibility is that the WWE really wanted the tape of The Last Battle of Atlanta between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer that partially inspired Hell In A Cell, but all footage was lost. It eventually resurfaced on the Network with a bit of hype behind it, and while it was probably just lying around unmarked on a shelf somewhere, one rumour at the time was that Paul Ellering had owned a copy all along and getting him back on the books was part of the process of purchasing the footage.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon it'll just be an Akam v Rezar three hour iron man match.

In the street outside.

Still hoping it goes ahead and they're selling limited edition "I was there" T-Shirts.

BREAKING NEWS:

Professional looking tweet that.

Edited by s279

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, s279 said:

I reckon it'll just be an Akam v Rezar three hour iron man match.

In the street outside.

Still hoping it goes ahead and they're selling limited edition "I was there" T-Shirts.

BREAKING NEWS:

Professional looking tweet that.

Authors of Pain-fully Grammatically-Incorrect Tweets.

• Paid Members

Actually kind of sad to see AOP doing this. They were one of the best parts of NXT during it's peak with Paul Ellering. Genuinely thought they'd be stars. But then we all though Velveteen Dream would be too.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Actually kind of sad to see AOP doing this. They were one of the best parts of NXT during it's peak with Paul Ellering. Genuinely thought they'd be stars. But then we all though Velveteen Dream would be too.

Whilst I would not compare them to Velveteen on why they were released, I found it odd they never showed up in AEW or Impact