Wrestling Entertainment Series

The Reverend

• Paid Members

what's the thinking behind booking such a large with little to no hope of filling it? It's very similar to the 5 Star thing, why not just book smaller rooms? it can't purely be delusion of what you are capable of selling.

Its happening constantly in boxing over here now where promoters are booking venues and not even filling a quarter of the rooms capacity. I don't quite get the thinking behind outside of perhaps having an agreement with the venue for regular shows.

I imagine it sounds better to say its from an "arena", though there's a local working men's club that used to put on wrestling near me that calls their function room an arena too, so maybe they could have used that.

They only ever had tickets available in five blocks out of 19 so were never expecting to sell the often quoted 10,000 (I'm not sure if 10k is the seated capacity, or if that's when people are standing on the ground level for a music gig).

It's not like in the original plan, they got a cheap deal because Nottingham arena wasn't being used. They bumped a James Bond orchestral thing from that date to make way for WES which then got postponed. I don't see what the mad panic was to get that date when they clearly weren't (still aren't) ready.

1 hour ago, s279 said:

I imagine it sounds better to say its from an "arena", though there's a local working men's club that used to put on wrestling near me that calls their function room an arena too, so maybe they could have used that.

They only ever had tickets available in five blocks out of 19 so were never expecting to sell the often quoted 10,000 (I'm not sure if 10k is the seated capacity, or if that's when people are standing on the ground level for a music gig).

It's not like in the original plan, they got a cheap deal because Nottingham arena wasn't being used. They bumped a James Bond orchestral thing from that date to make way for WES which then got postponed. I don't see what the mad panic was to get that date when they clearly weren't (still aren't) ready.

They could have gone to the SkyDome Arena in Coventry or Planet Ice in Milton Keynes if they wanted the Arena name. 

The moment Nottingham Arena was announced everybody in the Internet community got 5 Star Wrestling flashbacks and the WWE fans that L.O.P were counting on have proved to be no one but WWE merchants in the last 2-3 years so this was never going to stand a chance. 

• Paid Members

I don't know if it's already been brought up, but the event was to ultimately promote NFTs and other assorted metaverse/crypto bollocks. I don't think they care how many people will show up.

Capture.PNG.b1adcf77be10ebe242a46c0f8dbb14b2.PNG

Edited by Accident Prone