Wrestling Entertainment Series

The Reverend

• Paid Members
On 6/1/2022 at 5:51 PM, thescottishchamp87 said:

Seems now WES owe money to someone who was providing them a wrestling ring

Hope it’s Steve fucking Lynsky.

• Paid Members

I doubt I’ve ever seen a debacle more “BritWresLOL” than a promotion promising “the biggest stars in professional wrestling” then putting Lana in their title match, then cancelling short notice because they’ve been outdrawn by the Queen.

• 2 weeks later...

Big overhaul to the match card. Genuinely can't decide if this is an upgrade or downgrade on the original?

On the plus side, no Killer Kross or Mike Bennett at least.

Much cheaper card for them to run (looks like somebody's put a call in to ICW to see who was free)

Didn't quite nail spelling Jody Fleisch or Zak Zodiac's names properly though.

spacer.png

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Eric Young on the pre show though? Really??

At first I agreed. BUT, like AEW putting Hook and Danhausen on their preshow, it gives you an incentive to watch the freebie and maybe decide it’s worth stumping up for the PPV.

Or, if you look it another way, one of the best talents on the card you can watch for free and avoid paying for the PPV

If I lived in Nottingham and had no other plans maybe I would go to check it out but I can't see many people travelling any sort of distance for this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the "star names" dropping out ahead of time if the event isn't "postponed" again or cancelled before it happens.

I don't know how much it costs to hire the arena for the event but I'd be amazed if ticket sales & PPV buys covered it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

At first I agreed. BUT, like AEW putting Hook and Danhausen on their preshow, it gives you an incentive to watch the freebie and maybe decide it’s worth stumping up for the PPV.

Either that or he’s flying back to the States that evening and needs to catch a plane.