Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It really is a sensational card. I think the trios match is the only thing on the card I'm not excited about, and even then if Toa Liona gives Blake Christian a good kicking I'll enjoy it. I don't even know what order you'd put this card in to avoid crowd burn out. 

The key to defeating Yuka Sakazaki might be a wind machine. Clothes that baggy caught in a breeze and she'd be offski.

I hoped to catch the PPV live, as I thought it would start early to avoid Smackdown/Rampage. Turns out it's starting the usual time of 00:00 for pre-show and 01:00 the PPV.

Willow Nightingale v. Miranda Alize and Jeff Cobb v. Tracy Williams announced for Zero Hour.

2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

The key to defeating Yuka Sakazaki might be a wind machine. Clothes that baggy caught in a breeze and she'd be offski.

I hoped to catch the PPV live, as I thought it would start early to avoid Smackdown/Rampage. Turns out it's starting the usual time of 00:00 for pre-show and 01:00 the PPV.

Willow Nightingale v. Miranda Alize and Jeff Cobb v. Tracy Williams announced for Zero Hour.

Stu Grayson vs Slim J and Konosuke Takeshita vs Willie Mack also on Zero Hour tonight

• Paid Members

Crazy good show, filled with great matches, but it’ll be Dante Martin’s injury that’ll haunt my nightmares for years to come. That split second shot of his foot dangling, facing the wrong direction, was absolutely horrendous. What in the Psycho Sid! Those Top Flight lads are cursed! 

Stonking main event. Stiff as fuck. It’s never felt less likely and I can’t even tell where the act stops and where he truly is a self-sabotaging idiot, but whatever. The dream scenario remains Eddie Kingston winning the AEW World Title from MJF. Realest man in the industry. Every pay per view should end with him swearing his head off.

• Paid Members

Live this was a very fun show. No one (near me at least) clocked the severity of Dante's injury, I saw it on twitter afterwards. So grim. It would have been hard to enjoy the rest of the show if I'd seen that I think. 

Vikingo v Kommander was probably the match of the night for me, though the last few minutes of the main event really picked up. 

Dante's injury was horrid, poor guy. Brave face on for his IG post. Hopefully it's a smooth recovery. Top Flight & Private Party have been jinxed.

I wasn't expecting the clean sweep of Mark & Eddie winning, but for both to fail on an otherwise great show meant it was downbeat for me. Athena v. Sakazaki was MOTN for me.

Seems like Brian Cage is staying around.

Don't think Nigel McGuinness added much to the commentary team. I've always liked the relative simplicity of Ian and Caprice together. Although things would have been a notch down regardless since Ian was lumbered hyping TK's important announcement most of the night.

15 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

I love Eddie Kingston but he should be doing a Spursy in every big match he does. It would just be weird if it was any other way

Apt because I love listening to him talk a good game, but am always disappointed once he actually performs.

• Paid Members

Random thought - Ian Riccaboni is a nice, easy listen. Insightful, positive, can tell he loves the shit out of what he does. Does all the necessary sponsor bollocks effortlessly. 

AAA Mega title
Fuck my arse, what a match! First time seeing either performer and now I want to take in their entire back catalogue. Totally unique and mental eye-catching offence. Should go down as one of the matches of the weekend. So many mad highlights in this one. Sidenote - big pop for the totally unnecessary but most welcome Steve Davis and Alex Higgins reference by Nigel McGuinness.

Six-man title
Decent sprint. Cage is a complete anomaly in he best possible way. I enjoy Blake Christian's ginger rage. 

Women’s title
Big fan of both of these gals. Athena is someone who I always thought worked as a good babyface, but she’s a surprisingly good shithouse heel. Bit of an anti-climatic ending, otherwise another banger. Also for someone so diminutive, Sakazaki hits some class elbow strikes - men twice her size could learn a thing or two from her.

TV Title
Great match. Chopped the crap out of each other and you desperately wanted Mark to do the business. Technically no ‘wrong’ result though, even if it would have brought the feel-good factor had Briscoe won. Not sure when either of them go from here but a big fan of both. 

Garcia/Tanahash
Nowt to shout about, Garcia is a great shithouse though. 

Tag Titles
I didn't even clock Martin's injury the first time round as I thought he'd fucked his neck. Only saw it when I watched it back. Poor fucking bastard. Up to that point I thought it was a lot of fun. Big pop for Rush and Bennett climbing DOWN from the ladder to have a fist fight. Love that. 

Pure title
Not as long as I was expecting, but still decent. Shibata looks the business and he's a fitting holder for this strap. Not the title change I was expecting so a welcome surprise. 

World title
Slapped the living daylights out of each other. Felt every bit as personal and bitter as it was billed. Decent but again, slightly anti-climatic finish and ending to the show.  

Overall, first time watching an ROH show all the way through in years. Loads to love about it. 

Felt really bad for Dante poor guy top flight have one set back after another how will this affect Dante is the injury a career shortener long term?..I honestly thought the were gonna pull the trigger on Eddie and let him win..good show over all I love vikingo seen a few of his matches now on gcw , dynamite..etc

• Paid Members

Incredible workrate and crazy bumps up and down the card, but my favourite moment of the night was Ian and Caprice dancing to Willow Nightingale‘s entrance. Everyone performing this weekend is going to struggle to top that.