Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

This reads to me as viking vs army guy. I approve, and hope the winner has to defend against a vampire or tax man. In fact, with "Mega Title" in there, the whole sentence reads as a child booking with a purple crayon. Very much my jam.

I know he gets grief for the amount of belts and titles already, but if Sniff brought in a “Deadliest Warrior” title, it would be sensational. You could even have tag matches, but I doubt anything will top the Deadliest Warrior war games match between the Taliban and the IRA. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Call me when Tony goes full W*ING and brings in Leatherface, Freddy and Jason. Trios champs right there.

Mortal Kombat already got there before him

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

Means nothing. Robocop was in WCW years before Mortal Kombat.

Means nothing. Terminator fought Robocop years before he was in WCW

• Paid Members

Last week's show was probably the weakest since the reboot. A lot of matches just for matches sake (and Aussie Open vs Daniels/Sydal was one of those neverending forced epics), with hardly any build to Supercard.

The one exception was the Kingston/Claudio interview which showed how good Eddie can be when he's not moaning on Twitter (although I'm 90% sure now the Twitter whinging is meant to be in character, it doesn't make it any less boring). Claudio is at his most interesting here as a smug patronising heel. It'll be interesting to see if this runs into AEW, and how they'd handle the Mox/Kingston friendship while Kingston and Claudio hate each other. Mox turning on Kingston would put the exclamation point on the BCC heel turn. It seems like they want to keep the Kingston story seperate to ROH though which is probably the best move.

They've got to give Rush a singles run. Dralistico just being next to him brings him down several notches.

Not sure what was wrong with Darius Martin here. He looked out of shape and blown up 5 minutes in. Really seemed off the pace.

Also it's a minor niggle but I really dislike when they takes matches from different tapings and present it as the same show. But I guess that's just something I'll get used to with ROH tapings being done the way they are.

Was very happy with the main event being a squash. Samoa Joe at his best.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

The one exception was the Kingston/Claudio interview which showed how good Eddie can be when he's not moaning on Twitter (although I'm 90% sure now the Twitter whinging is meant to be in character, it doesn't make it any less boring). Claudio is at his most interesting here as a smug patronising heel. It'll be interesting to see if this runs into AEW, and how they'd handle the Mox/Kingston friendship while Kingston and Claudio hate each other. Mox turning on Kingston would put the exclamation point on the BCC heel turn. It seems like they want to keep the Kingston story seperate to ROH though which is probably the best move.

I thought this was one of the most compelling things they've (AEW/ROH) done in ages. Never been a huge Claudio fan, but he was brilliant and subtle here. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, gmoney said:

I thought this was one of the most compelling things they've (AEW/ROH) in ages. Never been a huge Claudio fan, but he was brilliant and subtle here. 

He was fantastic. Not acting like an outright heel, and even apologising to Kingston for past comments, but just about being patronising enough for you to realise he is completely disingenious and genuinely thinks hes on a different level to Eddie.

• Paid Members

RUSH is bloody brilliant. The way he progresses from arrogant and cocky into a mad rampaging bull as the match goes on is a joy to watch. By the time of the closing stretch he is always turned up to 11 and he tries to get the opponents to go there with him. For all the guys doing frye/takayama and taking it in turns to hit each other, for me it's by far the most believable when RUSH gets into a chop or strike exchange. He genuinely seems to be daring the other guy to chop or fore arm smash him as hard as they possibly can. I love that after the match this week he was still in a violent frenzy state and it took him a while to notice the crowd were chanting his name and he sort of engaged with it for a moment as he calmed down. He's bound to get positive reactions by being so entertaining, but against your more white meat babyfaces it's easy for him to make sure he gets booed. Also the bull's horns countered with a spear was a fantastic spot with some tremendous directing/camera work to make sure it came out nowhere. 

I agree that the team with Dralistico doesn't really benefit RUSH, but whatever he does will be a consistent highlight of these shows for me. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

The sooner they realise what they have with RUSH, the better. He's too good to not be on the main AEW shows every week. 

With there already being two heel champions on the men's side, they shouldn't do this yet, but whenever Orange Cassidy is ready to be dethroned (maybe when a face holds the TNT title) AEW should just book RUSH to bludgeon him in a couple of minutes. Lad's a star.