Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Tbh I'm surprised you need to ask this question. I know he owns and funds a wrestling company you like but I'd have thought the answer(s) would be quite obvious even so.

He's a silver spoon spoilt nerd who I have no interest in being friends with but I don't hate him and I'm not personally aware of him doing anything horrible or evil for me to hate him for. But I don't actually really pay much attention or care about him as a person either way, he's just someone who produces content I enjoy.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

He's a silver spoon spoilt nerd who I have no interest in being friends with but I don't hate him and I'm not personally aware of him doing anything horrible or evil for me to hate him for. But I don't actually really pay much attention or care about him as a person either way, he's just someone who produces content I enjoy.

It’s almost some people just like to shit on things and gatekeep. If we have to have billionaires I’d rather have them not covering up murders and rapists or doing deals with the Saudi’s. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

In Khan's world we're talking about Zambo Anguissa money here. I really couldn't give a fuck if the billionaires are getting value for their money. I'm happy somebody sees some value in keeping the RoH brand alive. 

Didn’t see the media scrum, but Punk got emotional during it apparently when talking as bout ROH 

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

He’s a spoilt rich kid billionaire family pro Trump capitalist one percenter who happily employs nonces. There are no nice billionaires. 

I know he’s king nerd and you all live vicariously through him though, but I think he’s a cunt. 

It's been a few months since I've properly watched any AEW so I'm massively out of the loop here but who is the kiddy fiddler in AEW?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It's been a few months since I've properly watched any AEW so I'm massively out of the loop here but who is the kiddy fiddler in AEW?

I think it’s to do with this https://411mania.com/wrestling/justin-roberts-accused-of-asking-for-explicit-photos-from-a-minor/

@Keith Houchen it’s true that they don’t deserve wrestling 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

it’s true that they don’t deserve wrestling 

They don’t, but I’m interested in the examples of gatekeeping that goes on here. I remember when TWC launched and people weren’t happy that casuals would see ROH but you don’t mean that. 

@wordsfromlee There’s also Darby Allin and Jay Lethal, but Tony saw some DMs and said it was fine so obviously that totally exonerated Allin. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

@wordsfromlee There’s also Darby Allin and Jay Lethal, but Tony saw some DMs and said it was fine so obviously that totally exonerated Allin. 

That wasn’t noncing though which is what he asked. Can’t even remember if it was that or something else but he was sacked quick sharp.

1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Has the amount paid actually been confirmed anywhere? people arguining over rumours 

It's all rumours and some of it's based off previous attempts where you don't know how serious Sinclair were about selling. Think along the lines of Fusient looking to buy WCW for tens of millions, only for AOL-Time Warner to pull them from TV.

There's a decent chance the public will find out though. Sinclair is a publicly traded company.