Best And Worst Fandoms

Keith Houchen

Football shirt collectors are a fairly decent bunch. You get the odd weirdo on Twitter who gatekeep, but then every fandom does, but theres a lovely group on Facebook that will help you out massively.

You just pop a collar tag or inside code on there and you'll get all these super nerds who know much more than me say "Fckin legit bro! You got a bargain!" which is nice.

One lad kept posting "If you don't know that's real then you shouldn't be collecting" and he got kicked off, which was lovely. 

Also, I'm part of a Lake Palmer (the lad from Louis Therouxs Weird Weekend in Thailand ep) Appreciation Society page and that's very wholesome. I hope the flame of my love for it never dies. 

6 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Conor McGregor fans.

That’s a good shout. I find most of them don’t know much about MMA and won’t hear a bad word about him. I’m sure @Egg Shen and @wandshogun09 will agree. Not sure how @David feels. 

Combat sports in general really do attract dickheads. So many Two Can Van Dammes and Johnny Big Potatoes telling fighters where they went wrong.  

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s a good shout. I find most of them don’t know much about MMA and won’t hear a bad word about him. I’m sure @Egg Shen and @wandshogun09 will agree. Not sure how @David feels. 

Combat sports in general really do attract dickheads. So many Two Can Van Dammes and Johnny Big Potatoes telling fighters where they went wrong.  

Johnny Big Potatoes should be your wrestling name.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Also, I'm part of a Lake Palmer (the lad from Louis Therouxs Weird Weekend in Thailand ep) Appreciation Society page and that's very wholesome. I hope the flame of my love for it never dies. 

WELL LISTEN

• Paid Members

F1 has become the worst fandom in the last couple of years. You either have the “I’m not a racist but…” / “I’m not against women in motorsport as long as they’re half naked grid girls” men or the batshit crazy girls who stalk the drivers and try to break into their homes. It’s absolutely ridiculous and I’ve left all the groups I used to be in because there’s no happy medium.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Jesse said:

TL;DR: old man yells at cloud, but forums are way better for fostering real communities than any more modern social media attempts (reddit, Discord, Twitter etc.)

I mean, obviously none of us that are still here are going to argue with this point at all... But it's pretty much by design.  Social media platforms are commercial businesses that make their money by driving engagement. They specifically want things to be as open as possible, which is completely at odds with the idea of a closed community.

17 hours ago, Monkee said:

F1 has become the worst fandom in the last couple of years. You either have the “I’m not a racist but…” / “I’m not against women in motorsport as long as they’re half naked grid girls” men or the batshit crazy girls who stalk the drivers and try to break into their homes. It’s absolutely ridiculous and I’ve left all the groups I used to be in because there’s no happy medium.

I was just about to post.... Max Verstappen fans.  The fandom of F1 has historically been quite collegiate (Tifosi excepted) with drivers moving around, teams changing, and people being fans of the sport more than any individual.

Boy, has that changed!